Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,399 Interview Reviews

2.3

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

it was call as in person as i walked in he welcomed me so nicely and he made me very comfortable wth general talk, and before he started he was so impressed by my accsent,

Interview Questions

• what is my current project and what envirment are u working in   1 Answer

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Sears website and within minutes received an invitation to a phone screen interview and a link to schedule a date and time. I did exactly this, and would end up having to reschedule twice because the phone screener either never called or “had something come up” right before the scheduled phone screen. I ended up having the phone screen almost a full week after it was originally scheduled and feel this may have ultimately cost me the position. The phone screen went very well and I ended up being scheduled for a formal phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. That interview also seemed to go well with the hiring manager often sounding like she was going to offer me the job on the spot. Only that wasn’t the case as several days later I received a canned “thank you for your interest but we have decided to go with someone else” letter. The rejection stung tremendously as I really felt like I was doing them a favor by even applying. Sears has been struggling with a lot of turn over. I would have been a great hire someone who not only would have been great at the job but who also would have stuck around and moved into other positions. This would be kind of like being shot down by the homeliest girl in school or Payton Manning offering to come out of retirement and Quarterback The Cleveland Browns but being told “no thank you, we aren’t interested.” The position required very little experience and I brought to the table 12 years of effective selling experience. Apparently the “talent acquisition” people either have no idea for talent, or have an eye for it but feel threatened by it.

Interview Questions

• Name A Time When You Had To Deal With A Difficult Customer And How Did You Handle It?   1 Answer
    • Why Do You Feel You’d Be A Good Fit For This Position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone interview went well. The second one - the first person did not show and I was notified twenty minutes after the scheduled. Thirty minutes later I did speak to a member of the HR Team and it went very well. She indicated I had the experience they were looking for. Then nothing. Not even a "no thank" letter.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very easy but they will go into much detail about sales goal. They also want you to sell yourself. My manager made me sell a pen to him. Overall it is not a stressfull inteview dont swear it.

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was extremely nervious. Sears Holding Company was very prestigious. I thought I had no chance, but I wanted to fight for the job. I worked hard on my Self-Preinterview questions. I was determined to get the job. Besides, I already had a great job, so though nervous, I was confident. I get to the interview, the first thing said to me was relax. I took them up on that offer, but just then, and Ironically, they asked me about 90% of the questions I thought I made up in the preinterview. I got the job and they at first paid me a dollar extra on my asking wages. And, the mca-softlines was a managerial position, I ran the mens section and the entire show department I was on fire.

Interview Questions

• What is or was your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Routing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very Simple interview. Wanted to make sure I had people skills and could speak Spanish. Very vague at describing the details of the position. Mostly conversation and speaking of previous jobs and how I interacted with customers/previous relationships with employers.

Interview Questions

• Experience of a tough situation or aggravated customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Hemet, CA).

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going, asked a couple of questions that were on the paper. The lady was really nice, but didn't give a lot of feeback. Got called back for an interview in two days, and everything went smoothly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After completing the application i received an email from the store manager within a few hours to come in for an interview. The interview was supposed to be in 2 parts but i completed both parts of the interview that same day. However the interview did take a few hours due to the fact that they were not completely ready for me. Despite the length of the interview I did not have to wait long for an answer they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what do you believe is considered bad customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied, and within a few minutes, I got a call. I interviewed the next day. They offered me the job less than 3 days later. The interview itself was short and simple. It's nothing to be scared of. It's pretty informal and upfront. It was a painless experience. Just breathe.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous manager/employer/coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Make sure you pay attention to how the questions are being asked. You may end up interviewing with the demeaning gentlemen, who clearly enjoys belittle others. The interview went wonderful, until my last interviewer came in. I felt talked down to the entire time, when I was more then qualified for the position. There were multiple times I felt the urge to excuse myself from the interview. I stuck it out, but the way I was being spoken to was unnecessary, and uncalled for. In addition, there
    is no reason for three rounds of interviews. After two rounds of interviews one should be able
    to determine if a candidate is qualified for the position, or not qualified for the position.
    The interview was an excessively long process, and takes two or more hours to complete. Several rounds of interviews, with multiple people. Make sure you answer the same way for all the questions
    being asked. You may also be told over and over that the position is entry-level. The last interviewer who continued to repeat that the Assistant Buyer position was entry-level, eventually started to sound insulting.

Interview Questions

• What are you're strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the department you are applying to?   Answer Question
    • What had you heard about Sears in the news recently?   Answer Question
    • Have you been into a Sears recently, if so what did you think?   1 Answer
    • Long drawn out example of what a merchant does versus inventory. You will then be asked, why do you want one over the other?   1 Answer