Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,581 Interview Reviews

2.3

Human Resources Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day and spoke with the recruiter, the next week I had two phone interviews with managers in the office then I was asked to come into the office and interview. After the interview they said they would call within the next week but took 2+ weeks to call back, even though I had called and asked for an update.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my degree and experience   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was told to go into the HR office. I was pulled into the Store Manager's office, & the manager asked me a couple of questions. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I initially applied over Indeed.com and was given a call back within a few days. When I arrived, I was taken into a small back-room in a hallway behind their breakroom with the hiring manager. She sat me down and asked me about my availability and experience with power tools. Once we got past those questions, she led me outside onto the sales floor to give me a tour and showed me the different types of power tools that I would be selling. Part of the interview was that I had to pretend to sell a power drill to her using some key sales points she'd instructed me to use earlier. I felt it was a bit forced considering I was applying for a sales position at the mall. In any case, I understood it was necessary to see if I could sell power tools (I'm a 5'2" girl). Unbeknownst to her, I'd worked in manufacturing for several years and was able to comfortably handle the "faux sales pitch". Afterwards when I successfully finished that portion of the interview, she led me back into the hallway room and offered me the position at minimum wage. I told her that with my prior manufacturing and managerial experience, I was expecting to negotiate at a higher rate but she was utterly firm and took on a tone that suggested she didn't believe I was telling the truth.

All in all, I felt like the interview process was incredibly extensive and over-drawn for a position that only firmly offers minimum wage with zero benefits and with the expectation to work overtime. I ended up turning down the job offer and went to work elsewhere.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benbrook, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Benbrook, TX).

Interview

I did the online assessment, which was the longest I've ever had to do, and submitted my application. I got a call a few days later asking for an interview. Once I got there I ended up waiting in the back office for at least 30 minutes before anyone even said anything to be. When they finally started to interview me it turned out that I had to be 18 years of age or older, I was 17. My interviewer was rude and made it out that it was my fault, that the application wouldn't have allowed that and she didn't know how I did the application. Nowhere on the application did it say I had to be 18 and all information I could find at that time said minimum age was 16. I found other stores and interview processes to be much nicer and informative.

Auto Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy walked in talked to the manager got the job gave a tour of the facilities take me to HR filled out paperwork got the job started work the next day

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do they have where did I work before   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Asheboro, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got asked through email when I was available to have a job interview. Went to the store and was directed to the little office. Was interviewed by a single person and was told I'll get emailed an offer later. Also was told they have to do accept a background check and that'll take a few days to process.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? Daytime or evening? And on weekends?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any previous retail experience?   Answer Question
    • How many hours do you want to work a week? Full time or part time?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Torrance, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got interviewed by 2 managers. One after the other and were very kind and straightforward. Took alot of notes. Cashier is a great position for minors. Offered me the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you helped someone
      What does your availability look like   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in June 2017.

Interview

Very friendly. They make it clear with what they want and I appreciated the amount of detail they gave me for the role I was applying for. The managers I spoke with were very light-hearted and we shared a few laughs. They're also very flexible with college students which is a plus for people who are also working on their education.

Interview Questions

• What are some hobbies that you like to do?   1 Answer
    • What did you expect from your manager at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. make sure you know about the company and position. use person instances when answering questions. first interview then a online exam. if you pass, yu get a second interview. Hired!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview took 15 minutes and I was hired the next day, asked a bunch of questions about what I was interested in instead of why I was qualified - very intern interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the creative side of marketing?   Answer Question