Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017
2,379 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very simple. Typical questions like explain me a time you had to deal with a hard customer or worked in a group? 1 interview with manager and 1 explanation with store manager. The interview was very easy and they literally hire everyone who seems nice. Just come dress business casual.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time you handled a difficult situation. What did you do?   Answer Question

Fulfilment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewer was late and did not want to do the interview. I was hired on the spot after waiting around for an hour. New management but I wouldnt recommend unless desperately in need.

Cosmetics Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Filled out the application and went in. Hired very quickly. I was with the department manager for over an hour. We even toured the area i interviewd for.This was when they took the time to carefully select new employees. Now they don't take as much time with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What experience did i have for the position i was applying for.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied and took a test, passed so I schedule an interview three days later, got a call possibly a week later (not sure of how long exactly) offering a position

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Was a poor, and unorganized interview in which I was asked my availability, and other common questions. Basically sat down with one of the managers, as she tried to sell me on making more money by selling credits. There was a lot of pressure from that aspect, as she proclaimed that if I did not sell credits, my time at sears would be very brief.Overall, it was a painful experience altogether, and I am glad I got out of there when I did.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Very friendly manager. He understood having to work jobs not as a first choice, but because you have goals to reach. He took the time to answer the classic questions as well as more in depth personality questions. Too bad that after I was hired, he changed companies. He was the most positive worker there and loved the retail environment.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

If your online application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department's hiring team will contact you. I was greeted and escorted to the interview location. The process was formal and structure with open questions. The manager explained the job position and gave details about the organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Jensen Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later for an interview. I walked in the store and went to the back (online pick up). There was no one there so I had to type in my last name for someone to come out then I told them I was there for an interview. They walked me in a room and I sat down. After a while someone pulled up my application and I sat down in another room with a manager. I told her about myself and answered questions she asked (while she kept getting phone calls). The actual interview was around 10-15 minutes. The questions were pretty simple, then she told me about the job. All they care about are getting people to sign up for shop your way rewards and sears credit cards. If you don't sell them, your hours will be cut.

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Eureka, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They interviewed 3 people at the same time, It was kinda different than what im used to but with my qualifications I was still very confident. After the first interview they asked the other 2 people to leave and they kept me for a second interview. They offered me a job after. Still completeing the stuff they e mail you after the interviews

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like how you have provided excellent customer service in the past and how you have dealt with problem customers in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in October 2016.

Interview

Structured, very vanilla process, lacks personal fit information just your typical tell me about a time questions. The interview was conducted in a closet sized room which was quite awkward for both the interviewing individual as well as myself. The form they are given is structured and takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. I was able to answer the questions satisfactorily. The interview did not provide a tour of the facilities or a review of product lines which i thought would be great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didnt want to buy something and how you handled it.   1 Answer