Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,643 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward behavioral questions. Interviewer was nice and down to earth. Overall positive experience despite no offer. I would certainly say I was given a fair opportunity for the position.

Express Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Walk in and right away welcomed in. Starts a bond with you and talks a little about yourself and their self also went over what I would be doing and how the pay works.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in the automotive field?   1 Answer

APP Online Fraud Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Tempe, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Very nice. Went into an office with the manager and he was very polite did not just read from a script asked me about previous work experience and offered me the job as soon as the interview was over. No waiting.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your skills will benefit you with the type of work you will be doing here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview was easy I was apply for a seasonal position so the manager I was interviewed by just wanted to know when I was available and not a slacker

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure or difficult situations?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. The interview took about 30 minutes HR phone interview. Then technical interview for basic Java , sql, Software Development Life Cycle , work experience,

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

The interview process is simple. They ask basic interview questions about your experience with customer service, working as a team, etc. I recommend that you prepare questions to ask the interviewer about the job as it shows true interest in the job and you would also know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a colleague needed assistance working on a project and how did you assist them without neglecting your job duties.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After applying, I received an email 3 days later regarding scheduling an interview at the store. Two days later, I received a call saying I was hired and was immediatley emailed paperwork to fill out electronically.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Pretty good, its really good for the applying it's fast and good, idk about others but it was good overall. Can't wait to interview and see new faces and meet new people

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick but it took some time to get called and to
    set up the interview dates. There was only one in-person interview and consisted of meeting the director, supervisor and co-workers and taking a translation test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT WORK HERE.
    Unprofessional Interview. Group interview. Did icebreaker and got to know everyone. Went into questions about work experiences. Then questions such, "What does Integrity mean to you?" and asks left to right.
    Like, really? I didn't know i applied to a English Class or something.
     Then asks "When was a Stressful time you had to deal with and overcame it?" Asked everyone one at a time from left to right. Everyone was basically just trying to compete with each other. Then last thing was, Role playing. Everyone role played and they barely gave out any explanation about what we were supposed to do. Didn't even try to give us an example about how to sell credit or membership. So the first person that went up, me, had barely any information on what to say or do. So during my role play, the store manager would tell me what I could do and start giving me information that he didn't include earlier, which ruined my chances of getting hired because the next person that went up to do their role play had more information and knowledge on what to do. and that person was also confused which led the store manager to provide more knowledge and information on what to do therefore the next person after that had more knowledge and information. So it went on until the last person, the fifth person. With all the knowledge and information gathered from everyone's mistakes and experience, that last person would have obviously done much more better since he was there to see everyone's role play. So basically of course he knew what to do.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      The answer that the store manager gave was, "Integrity is something that can never be taken away from me even if i lost everything. Integrity is always there."   1 Answer