Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,457 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montbello, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Montbello, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

took about 10 minutes common since questions i only met with one manager credit is the number one thing you have to be good at and interacting with customers handling returns and ringing up customers

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Woonsocket, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday night, got emailed Wednesday to set up the appointment. She asked me what days/times I was available, and I told her I was available Friday and Monday at 11 AM. She emailed me back saying that my appointment was scheduled Friday at 1 PM. Side note, everyone I spoke to on my way to the office was super nice from the sales associate who brought me to the office and the two managers that I met while I was there. Found out while I was there that I had been told the wrong time for my appointment - she had scheduled it for the time I had put down, 11 AM, not 1 PM as she had told me. This wasn't a problem, they managed to fit me in. The interview started with the gentleman telling me that the store would be closing in about two months (which I knew already going in), and then informed me that they weren't looking to hire for Office Assistants, what they really needed was cashiers. I politely declined - I am currently not looking to get back into retail proper in that way. Overall, a positive experience despite the setbacks. I wish they wouldn't have an ad up for a position they aren't looking to fill, however.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a cashier as opposed to the office assistant position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in January 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with the senior manager. It was purely technical, I was asked questions about time complexities, OOPS concepts and two design questions. It was more like a discussion. Next It was a 5 rounds of skype interview with 5 different people moslty Sr.Software engineers and architects. Mainly asked about my previous work experience and Java related questions, One simple coding question where I had a code in collab edit.

Interview Questions

• First round was difficult compared to the remaining. Design questions like how will you design a traffic signal system.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Greensboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment test online when I filled out the application. I set up an interview and was never called back. Then my interview was finally set. I took another assessment test and was asked interview questions.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Nanuet, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Rather long post-interview until hiring but the actual interview was very proper and business appropriate. I was asked questions that were expected but I didn't feel my answers resonated with my interviewer. The was a lack of professionalism however as I was not directed where to go and ended up having to call for a my interviewer on the loud speaker. But overall very much as expected.

Community Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The whole process from initial contact with recruiter and the day I got an offer was about 4 weeks. I had a contact form an interview I had there 3 years prior so I reached out to him and he forwarded me to the appropriate recruiter for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a unsatisfied cutomer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Brief and straight to the point questions. One in person interview. Also, there was role playing involved to test if you could be a salesman. The interviewer made me sell him a pen. Wasn't easy but he thought I did good!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

I had interviewed with two different managers. The interview process with each manager lasted about an hour. Each of them had different questions bit both times went pretty smooth. There are so many different departments so that may be why they had different questions.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

it was call as in person as i walked in he welcomed me so nicely and he made me very comfortable wth general talk, and before he started he was so impressed by my accsent,

Interview Questions

• what is my current project and what envirment are u working in   1 Answer

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Sears website and within minutes received an invitation to a phone screen interview and a link to schedule a date and time. I did exactly this, and would end up having to reschedule twice because the phone screener either never called or “had something come up” right before the scheduled phone screen. I ended up having the phone screen almost a full week after it was originally scheduled and feel this may have ultimately cost me the position. The phone screen went very well and I ended up being scheduled for a formal phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. That interview also seemed to go well with the hiring manager often sounding like she was going to offer me the job on the spot. Only that wasn’t the case as several days later I received a canned “thank you for your interest but we have decided to go with someone else” letter. The rejection stung tremendously as I really felt like I was doing them a favor by even applying. Sears has been struggling with a lot of turn over. I would have been a great hire someone who not only would have been great at the job but who also would have stuck around and moved into other positions. This would be kind of like being shot down by the homeliest girl in school or Payton Manning offering to come out of retirement and Quarterback The Cleveland Browns but being told “no thank you, we aren’t interested.” The position required very little experience and I brought to the table 12 years of effective selling experience. Apparently the “talent acquisition” people either have no idea for talent, or have an eye for it but feel threatened by it.

Interview Questions

• Name A Time When You Had To Deal With A Difficult Customer And How Did You Handle It?   1 Answer
    • Why Do You Feel You’d Be A Good Fit For This Position?   1 Answer