Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,374 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Daytona Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Put in application and was emailed the next day for an interview. I read previous reviews saying how they are always late and thought it must just be those people. No, my interview was scheduled for 3:30 so I got there at 3:15 and told one of the employees that I had an interview at 3:30 so they told me to wait closer to the time and then to knock on a door. So now it's 3:45 and one manager comes around the corner saying she'll have someone else come interview because she needs to eat lunch. So it's 4 and another interviewee got there and was shocked when I told her what time my interview was supposed to be and she ended up leaving because she did not want to wait anymore. I finally get called back around 4:15 (a whole hour after I arrived) and the interview was easy, basic questions like "tell me about yourself", availability, and why I left my past jobs and did and didn't like about them. Then he described the 3 main points of the job that I was applying for. The interview was less than 10 minutes long and received an email the next day saying I was hired and to do the prescreening process (drug test and background check). Needless to say I will not be taking the job because if that's how it was just for an interview I cant imagine how it would be working there. Very disappointing sears.

Interview Questions

Sat for over an hour waiting for my interview and they seem very disorganized

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an interview for the following week. I arrived 20 minutes early but they told me to wait longer because some of the managers were in a meeting. After 2 interviews with different managers I was hired.

Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Latham, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 managers. They ask about my current similar position and we compared it to this position. They were very through about describing job description and employee requirements.

Interview Questions

• Can you meet the demands of a Road Warrior sales position? We agreed for me to call back in 3 days to advise of my decision.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter online, saying that they are building a new team with machine learning guys, and they offer great salary and sign on bonus, and the position is 100% remote.

After two weeks, they scheduled a phone interview. After passing this round, there was another phone interview in the following week which lasted only 10 minutes, and I got an offer.

This process is much different than other software position interviews, only two rounds, and no onsite. In fact, second interview didn't ask any technical related question, except what the difference in JavaScript between == and ===.

It was really wired that they gave me an offer even they didn't evaluate me carefully, and the offer is not competitive at all. I tried to negotiated with them and asked if I can remote work. Then a HR called me saying that I was required to relocate to Chicago and I said "yes, I can." Then she asked me if I have H1B, I said no, then she said they are not e-verify company, so they want to hold on my offer. I guess they just want to cancel my offer by making any reason. If they are not e-verify, then the HR don't need to ask me if I would like to relocate, just the first reason didn't work. I also checked online to see if they are e-verify, and they are!

I didn't waste much time with this company, but the experience was really bad, they canceled my offer without any reason. They are just lying. Don't waste any time with this company, and I will never purchase from Sears, just like what I used to do so far.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter called me to schedule the interview two days later. Recruiter is not from the store, but recruits statewide. Staff was friendly, and I was interviewed by the assistant manager. I was applying for an office job, but she told me that the position was not available. I could work in store support (basically sales clerk) but it's minimum wage. When I declined, she offered a commissioned sales job in hardlines. Interview was quick and painless. The next day, Sears sent me an email saying that I did not get the position (even though I declined the job). I appreciated this followup, because so many companies never bother to contact you after an interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview. I am waiting to hear if I get the job. I hope I do as I really need the extra money for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very fast, initial interview with lead and then met with store manager. Basically offered me the job right there, just needed to get the paperwork going, getting scheduled for orientation took the longest time.

Interview Questions

• Do a mock sale of an appliance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a waste of time. They told me I got the job and I never heard from them again. I even called and never got in touch with the management.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came in and didnt know what they were looking for   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

very short and easy. person was hard to understand. asked an average programming question but it took up the whole time. got a call few hours later with the offer

Human Resource Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Not quick or easy. Had to come backe more than once for a simple min wage job. There was a phone interview an in Person interview with HR and another manager then an in person interview with the store managerAfterwards it took over a month to get the final paperwork in and to finally start work.