Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,608 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Miramar, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Wonderful, short, easy and to the point. The interviewer was nice, but I didn't get hired. I am really busy so my hours didn't seem appealing. Overall it wasn't too bad. The pay was minimum wage.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I went during an Hiring Event. I was interviewed in a group of 3 other prospective employees. I believed the company really needed people and it was easier for them to just interview us all in groups of 3 or 4. We basically wrote in our own answers in the interview question sheets. as long as was open to their schedule and the job requirements we had the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an difficult situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

There was an on site interview at a job fair which lead to a follow up email from the recruiter. This was followed up by an in person interview with two current higher level employees. An offer was made shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding strengths and time you overcame difficult boss   Answer Question

Backroom Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Aurora, IL).

Interview

went in for an interview. interview basically consisted of them informing me of how things ran around there. she asked what my asking pay was, I said I was open to negotiating. then asked what I made at last job, and I told her, which is a bit high for a retail clothing store. she said she would put in a request for an hourly pay less than what I'm used to making. then I was told they will send me an email with an offer than I can say yes or no to. the next day I get a call from her, she basically told me to change the position that I'm applying for, because I originally was applying for stock associate and she convinced me to go for cashier. that way they can send me the offer. I changed it, even though I had to take another assessment. then about 20 minutes later I get an email saying I didn't get the job. what a complete waste of time. I canceled an interview because I was under the assumption that I would get an offer sent.

Human Resources Director Interview

Interview

I sat on hold for 15 minutes before I was notified the HR person was not available. Very unprofessional.

Interviewed with two others and never notified of outcome.

They need a more professional HR team

Interview Questions

• Only talked about my background. No behavior interview questions. Bad screening   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Quick typical sales interview, was disorganized, interviewer asked me to "sell" him a piece of office equipment. Was offered a position on the spot, and accepted simply because I needed work immediately.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this stapler?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online they answered 3 weeks later and she only asked me two questions and I was hired . Easiest interview ever. They really needed help I guess

QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter agency and had only one face to face interview. Interview was pretty standard and focused on my resume and work. It took about 3 weeks to inform the result.

Interview Questions

• Briefly tell me abut your past experience   1 Answer
    • Have you come across any situation with aggressive timelines   Answer Question

Consultative Sales Home Appliances Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Smith, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, passed assessment, received an email 1.5 weeks later detailing Dates and Times of In Store interviews. Scheduled Drug screening and approved Background check. 1 week later, began the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to resolve a customer's concern?   Answer Question

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Was emailed for an job came in waited for an good 20min then got interviewed took less then 30min and was offered the job. Only had one interview with the softlines manager, then was giving information for drug testing and orientation.