Sears Inventory Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Inventory Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The college grads have their own interview process. First round I did the interview on campus with a manager. Second round invitation is at HQ. They bring in the entire group for a intro presentation, had some current employees come for Q&A as well as the Inventory & Space V-president. Then they pull people one by one for a one on one interview with an inventory manager from various departments. The managers interviewed me wasn't even the one I eventually ended up working for, so I assume it was a general personality/skill background check. All the questions are very easy general out of the book questions, nothing special. Just be prepared to be at your best for an entire day, can be exhausting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Campus Round 1. Basic face to face. Second on site interview. Second round was all day long. Began with two 1 on 1's with different managers. Had a panel Q&A round. Then was followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Basic Resume overview in Round 1. Presentation and 1 on 1 interviews in round 2.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an in person group interview in Hoffman estates. People are kind and offered much information about the company and how the role works. Three interviews in one day followed by a short group leaderless activity. Not too difficult.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sears in November 2015.

Interview

I liked the way the interview process was set up. There were two 1:1 interviews, a tour of the office, Q&A session and group activity. It felt like the perfect amount of time for an on-site interview. The interview was on a Friday and they told us we would hear back about final decisions on the following Monday/Tuesday. The interview was 3 months ago and I still haven't heard back.... They were very unorganized for the interview and have been nothing but unprofessional throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you assumed a leadership position and made a positive impact.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sears in October 2015.

Interview

I had my first interview on campus at my school and was invited to the the final round/on-site visit. I enjoyed my visit to the HQ and liked how their interview process was set up. My interview was on a Friday and they told us we would hear back about next steps the following Monday or Tuesday. It's been 3 months and I still haven't heard back or been reimbursed. They have been unprofessional and terrible communicators throughout this whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you assumed a leadership position and the positive impact you made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, then full-day interview at Sears' headquarters. There was a 1-on-1 interview on campus at my school, then I was asked to interview at their headquarters. They gave us a tour and the day consisted of 3, 30-minute interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview process. Basic questions to be answered in the STAR format. Required 2 phone interviews and one on site interview here at the corporate office in Hoffman Estates. Be sure to have a strong understanding of excel since this is the application you will use 90% of the time while on the job. Also Access and other MIS experience is plus and will most likely guarantee a full time offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to use team work to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview regarding general education and work history, along with more specific questions on experience and qualifications. The phone screen was followed by four in-person, one-on-one interviews.lasting around 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and discussion on specific work and school experiences. Interviewers were mostly friendly and were willing to answer any questions on the position. The total process took three to four weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite and least favorite aspect of your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call the next day. Did a phone interview a couple days after that then asked to fly in for a half day worth of interviews. Once I flew home I received a call about 3-4 days later saying that they would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the campus career website and was accepted for an interview. The first round interview was on campus, with two half hour interviews with two different people. About two weeks after, I received an email requesting a second round interview on site. There, it was an all day interview process. We first arrived, had an interview, took a tour of the building, had another interview, asked questions to a panel of employees, had lunch with those employees, did a group activity, then ended with a recap. The HR employee called me an hour and a half after the interview to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with someone and what happened.   Answer Question