Sears Loss Prevention Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Loss Prevention Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mary Esther, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Mary Esther, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was directed by the LP Manager, and was a series of questions about past work experience and the standard "tell me about a time that you..." queries.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions that I got during my interview was when the "supervisor" began to ask me about my law enforcement background. He wasn't asking for interview purposes, he was trying to leave Sears and was asking for my advice on how he could best get into the police field.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in November 2009.

Interview

Easy had a call in less then 24 hours after I summited my application and got the job in a week and started about a week after.

Interview Questions

• If you see a person you know steal what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview. I went to the interview which consisted of the HR manager telling me the job description and asking me if I had any questions. I was offered the job on the spot. The LP manager was not there to be involved in the interview. That was the interview process. Besides the drug test everything else was done on-line.

Negotiation

There was none. It was a flat rate.

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Passaic, NJ).

Interview

Hiring process was very easy, if they need people, they will contact you quickly. I applied and the next day they called. Had interview the following day, had to do a drug test and background check and after maybe 2 weeks i started working.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview

1.Submit resume online, sometime later you may recieve a reply from a recruiter from Sears, who may send you a link to complete their online assessment test. Or you may recieve a rejection notice, or nothing at all. If you pass the assessment test they may contact you a week or 2 later (or again maybe a rejection notice, or nothing. If they decide to go further, they will contact you via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty short, where they tell you about the position, they may ask about some prior job experience, and basic get to know you questions, If they like your responses they will invite you for an interview and set a time and date. The interview maybe a "hiring event" where they schedual many people to show up at the same time, and you may or may not even interview with the manager of the store for which you actually applied. If you are just given a date and time, you may or may not even interview with the manager they arranged for you to interview with in the first place. They also have sent me to the wrong store location, and I was forced to drive many miles to the other store location. They may or may not make an offer for employment right away, and you will have to wait for them to contact you.

I have noticed all the area loss prevention managers were hispanic, and the only candidates to recieve job offers were hispanic. (this has been the case for every retailer I have ever worked for)

I believe there is a racial bias, and they do not have diversity or EOE.

I have worked in retail for well over 10 years, and know the scams, the tricks etc. that theives use, additionally I am well versed in safety protocols that is also one duty of loss prevention as well. I have personally prevented numerous potential losses due to both customer and employee theft.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in November 2010.

Interview

Interview was very detailed, and not like interviews that you are used to. Expect to be asked what the surroundings are in the room with your eyes closed, I suppose this is to see how well you pay attention. There are a lot of "what would you do if..." questions, to test your moral compass.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your spouse was caught stealing from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process was relatively simple. First, you interview with the manager of the department you'll be working in, then you interview with the store manager. Both interviews are fairly generic, consisting of typical interviewing questions. Then you go take a drug test and if hired, you come in for orientation, then a few days to a week of online training. Eventually you'll get a key to the LP office/camera room, then you're all set...

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, which most employers typically ask during an interview, is, "Why do you want to work here?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Lithonia, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

I have no idea how the actual interview was supposed to go. Within five minutes of the interview starting I swayed away from the interview questions and began talking about fishing. My supervisor was awesome, he knew his stuff and really didn't care about how much you knew already because he was going to train you his way.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite bait on a big lake for large mouth bass?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Job or no job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Brea, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

My first interview went without a hitch, the loss prevention manager was a nice guy and easy-going, wouldn't have minded working alongside of him. Described to me in detail what was to be expected of me and what to expect on the daily basis. He gave me reassurance that I was pretty much ready to go and it looked good. Good guy like I said, I don't blame him. Was pretty sure at that point I got the job, WRONG. Said that he'd move me over to the meet the store manager for the 2nd interview. Never receiving a call from the store manager himself, a few days later I received an email saying "Your candidacy will no further be pursued at this time.".

Store manager couldn't even bother calling me/meeting me to tell me in-person that the position had been filled, nothing. Now it goes without saying that I don't believe I'm entitled to such personal notification, but the reoccurring issue among today's employment opportunities is that "disconnect" that really removes the human element, simply resulting in laziness and an overall lack of motivation by management to keep candidates interested in other job opportunities by the same company/location. Not surprised at that point, I decided I would never bother dealing with Sears again because of the abundance of managerial issues I have read so much about thanks to this website; I should've known going into Sears to expect as much. Being that I had no loss prevention experience, I tried for an entry-level gig (this job posting listed "18+ years of age to apply.") at Sears for a good starting point to LP. My personal qualifications were well beyond what was required and that may have been the problem, for all I know. Those with college level degrees and certificates, be wary! Never again...

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation; how did you proceed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Bradenton, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

They called i went in the person was friendly and real about the job and what she wanted. dont think i could have handled it but it was a great interview.