Sears Loss Prevention Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Peabody, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and let me just give you the short answer waste of time. I was contacted to come in for a face to face interview. The interview took place in a small room and there were two people in it, a guy and a female. The female that was conducting the interview was really nice. The guy however just made the whole interview uncomfortable. I left with a bad impression of sears.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a loss prevention associate?

How would you handle theft?

Are you comfortable working in this type of position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Nanuet, NY).

Interview

Ridiculously long the guy didnt see me until an hour later smh anyways the guy told me they were specifically looking for a female since theres already 5 guys which i didnt like at all and the only reason why there lookin for a female is so they can go into the ladies fitting room like hello isnt that what cashiers do ? I worked in retail and while i was a cashier i checked the fitting room regularly after that it just got awkward because i had a job and i only gave him certain days i could work guess he wanted someone more flexible idk lol and btw its 10 per hr if anyones curious.

Interview Questions

• How long have you done security why sears what made you wanna do loss prevention   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Spokane, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the interviewing team of two for about 1.5 hours. It became clear that they did not have much latitude in formulating questions, or developing a custom conversation about the position. They produced a multi-page (four I believe) questionnaire containing standardized questions to be posed to all Sears applicants regardless of the position to which applying.

Interview Questions

• The questions were creative and complex. One, for instance, asked the interviewee to explain a time when he/she conducted detailed analysis of a situation/problem, presented findings to a decision maker, and the presentation influenced some form of change.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I interviewed at Sears (Parma, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Long interview! 90 mins with many of the same questions asked in different ways. The questions are open ended so talk away! Be honest and repeat your answers without change.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a dream job, what and where would it be?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The whole process took about a week and the interview was 30 mins long and they ask a series of questions, some are rephrased but the same question in different wording. They question your background and your previous jobs.Not hard if you have experience, just answer to the best of your ability.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Tigard, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Got interviewed fro this position and then they said they wanted to go a different direction with me so they made me a cashier. I had three interviews that day and it went from one person to the loss prevention associate and then the store manager. They all asked the same questions and some were just off the top of their head but nonetheless it was pretty easy to awswer and surprise them by refering to their previous awnsers and finding out things they didn't share.

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Passaic, NJ).

Interview

Hiring process was very easy, if they need people, they will contact you quickly. I applied and the next day they called. Had interview the following day, had to do a drug test and background check and after maybe 2 weeks i started working.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very professional environment. Simple basic questions. As long as you are confident in your answers and have a basic grasp of common sense situations, it's a very easy interviewing process. Company will usually call back within the week. Then you are required to take a drug test. After which, you will be brought in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions similar to: why did this job listing interest you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you think this job will benefit your experience? What do you think you can bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • They will also ask for experience. If you have none in the loss prevention field they will give different scenarios and ask what you would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate hours based off of family needs. As i excelled at my work, I received a pay raise (about four months time). Only advice: teamwork is important. Shoplifters can be a handful. Be sure you have at least a witness with you when making an apprehension.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview

1.Submit resume online, sometime later you may recieve a reply from a recruiter from Sears, who may send you a link to complete their online assessment test. Or you may recieve a rejection notice, or nothing at all. If you pass the assessment test they may contact you a week or 2 later (or again maybe a rejection notice, or nothing. If they decide to go further, they will contact you via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty short, where they tell you about the position, they may ask about some prior job experience, and basic get to know you questions, If they like your responses they will invite you for an interview and set a time and date. The interview maybe a "hiring event" where they schedual many people to show up at the same time, and you may or may not even interview with the manager of the store for which you actually applied. If you are just given a date and time, you may or may not even interview with the manager they arranged for you to interview with in the first place. They also have sent me to the wrong store location, and I was forced to drive many miles to the other store location. They may or may not make an offer for employment right away, and you will have to wait for them to contact you.

I have noticed all the area loss prevention managers were hispanic, and the only candidates to recieve job offers were hispanic. (this has been the case for every retailer I have ever worked for)

I believe there is a racial bias, and they do not have diversity or EOE.

I have worked in retail for well over 10 years, and know the scams, the tricks etc. that theives use, additionally I am well versed in safety protocols that is also one duty of loss prevention as well. I have personally prevented numerous potential losses due to both customer and employee theft.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Annapolis, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the loss prevention associate position and received a call back. However, they wanted me to interview for a sales position in which I declined. Our conversation continued where I was told to come in and I would be introduced to the LP Manager. The next day when I arrived not only was I still expected to interview for sales again, which I declined to do again. I was then introduced to the Operations Manager who interviewed me for the position for Loss Prevention. After our interview I felt things went well and he offered to introduce me to the LP Manager where he then conducted another yet shorter interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one situation where you excelled at yet was not expecting to preform well.   1 Answer