Sears MCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.3

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Lacey, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview then a second one usually same day or next. Conditional job offer depeninf on baxkground and drug test. Drug test within 72 hours. Test results within 24 hours. Then orientation.
Interviewed Monday, hired same day, tested Wednesday, orientation on friday.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this?   1 Answer
  • How do you plan to learn about products?   1 Answer
  • What are some trends that are common today?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

So easy that anybody could get hired. They don't drug test anymore because they are desperate for staff. If you're a college student then this place can work with your schedule, but your life will become all about SEARS.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over the span of a few weeks. All were very short (around 10 minutes each). The interviews were one-on-one. First, the 2 MCA leads interviewed me on separate occasions. Both asked the same kinds of questions. The last interview was with the store manager. I was hired on site at the last one. All the people who interviewed me were much more pleasant during the interviews than when I had to work alongside them.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

2 part interview with general manager. Interview included basic questions such as "When have you made a difficult decision" "Why do you think you'd make a good fit with Sears"...

Interview Questions

• When have I made a difficult decision caught me off guard. I make difficult decisions everyday.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I forgot to ask about the hourly rate during the interview. I called the GM a few days later and was able to ask for more than the starting pay of 7.93.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Palm Desert, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A very long application process and you go through a 2 interview process with a lot of question on how you have or would handle or have handle certain situations in regards to customer service and as a team member

Interview Questions

• How have you made a difference in past job experiences and what did you do so that all members of your team could take advantage of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Johnson City, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interviews total. Easy questions about personal experiances relating to situations. etc...

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life where you took the blame for something.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR) in December 2013.

Interview

Wait in the room for them to call you. Then, you sit down and answer some questions for about 10-15 minutes. Pure and simple. They where pretty cool and nice and so was I. I tried to stretch the topics so could relate to me.

MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Apply online or instore at any kiosk. If you pass the assessment and are "green" status in the system you may receive a call if that department is seeking employees. If you do not hear back within a week call the store to ask about openings. When called by HR they will set you up for 1-2 interviews with Leads and ASMs. If hired you take a drug test and Sears submits a background check for you. After passing both you are brought in for orientation with HR and complete online training courses before you work with your team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with ordering online? Name a time when you exceeded someone's expectations. What do you expect out of your manager? Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. Are you comfortable with technology? Do you think you are a match with this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for hourly associates, you get what you get which is most likely minimum wage.

MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two interviews, had to apply twice. Interviewed with manager and then supervisor for the position. The manager told me that I was going to be hired and that I just had to resubmit my application. Resubmitted my application to hear that I wasn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is a time that you had to use the internet? Why wouldn't you shop online? Are you comfortable with a structured environment?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I have applied online and approximently a month later I was called for a group interviewed. The interview was contucted by HR and the Store Manager. After the interview we were move to a different room for a while then the Store manager came back in to tell everyone that we have a job. She called each of us and told us what position that we were hired for. Then she had took us on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle critisum and what you would do to improve it.   Answer Question