Sears Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very easy but they will go into much detail about sales goal. They also want you to sell yourself. My manager made me sell a pen to him. Overall it is not a stressfull inteview dont swear it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Long drawn out process talking to people that had no say about position. Traveled from store to store to meet with various people, only one of whom would be a supervisor.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very basic interview questions about how situations in the store and how would you handle them.Also, How how often would you call in to the store since there was a high absentissm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview went well I thought...it went long and I was not prepared as well as would have liked...i got the job and liked the people a lot I was now working with

Interview Questions

• previous job locations nd skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was hired through grad school. Interview process included basic cultural fit questions. I met with a VP in Corporate Finance. The position was sold as someone that gets to work on important projects (true) and is rewarded for the work performed (false - base pay was good, but bonus potential ended up being zero).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sears?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with several levels of upper management for a job at the corporate headquarters in Hoffman Estates, IL via Skype. One person seemed bored during the interview process which led me to believe a candidate had already been selected. I had heard from several insiders that it is who you know rather than what you know. Actually Sears has a reputation for hiring people who are not qualified but know someone. I decided to apply anyway. Took several weeks to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

long, not detailed, did not tell the whole truth about benefits. Never said no raises was told 1 week vacation after a year, but not true you start accruing time after a year.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very detailed. Lots of in depth questions. Broken down by category, HR, sales, metrics etc. Lots to do with the treatment of associates and the rewards/recognition given to the associates.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was slower due to me being an out-of-town candidate and the holiday season. A few of the interviews had to be rescheduled due to conflicts. Otherwise, the in-house recruiter was great – very communicative and supportive throughout the process. The team had a good mix of experience and young, creative types. They were forthright about the uphill challenge facing Sears Holdings, but presented an good vision for its future. The interview process was thorough but always pleasant.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too difficult or unexpected. Questions were split between experience and what I'd call "mini-cases" (e.g. tell me what you think about such-and-such that we're doing, etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was fairly quick - HR + hiring manager and finally with Senior Director.
    Received the call from HR and they did the initial Screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that I was invited for an in person interview at their Campus. Last stage of the interview process involved another phone interview with the senior leadership.

Interview Questions

• Give an example on when you made recommendations to a marketing strategy based on your analysis.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already had another offer from another company and Sears decided to comp to that offer.
    And I accepted.