Sears Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After I apply, I got interviewed with three people — first, hiring manager and, then other two other people in the same team. Every hiring process went smooth. The whole hiring process went relatively quick from the beginning until I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why did you apply for this position? How much salary do you expect? Why do you think you are the best fit for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Long drawn out process talking to people that had no say about position. Traveled from store to store to meet with various people, only one of whom would be a supervisor.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very easy but they will go into much detail about sales goal. They also want you to sell yourself. My manager made me sell a pen to him. Overall it is not a stressfull inteview dont swear it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

interview went well I thought...it went long and I was not prepared as well as would have liked...i got the job and liked the people a lot I was now working with

Interview Questions

• previous job locations nd skills   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in August 2017.

Interview

After 2 lengthy tests I was interviewed. I was then contacted by HR for a phone interview. I was told more interviews were possible in the process. During this HR interview I was informed that this was a working Automotive Manager position. This should have been explained long before traveling a great distance to do interview.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of how you developed or designed a plan to fix a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Montebello, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

i was offered a manager position after working as a part timer at the portrait studio for a few years. based upon my performance i was given the promotion. based upon my performance i was given the promotion.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was slower due to me being an out-of-town candidate and the holiday season. A few of the interviews had to be rescheduled due to conflicts. Otherwise, the in-house recruiter was great – very communicative and supportive throughout the process. The team had a good mix of experience and young, creative types. They were forthright about the uphill challenge facing Sears Holdings, but presented an good vision for its future. The interview process was thorough but always pleasant.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too difficult or unexpected. Questions were split between experience and what I'd call "mini-cases" (e.g. tell me what you think about such-and-such that we're doing, etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

long, not detailed, did not tell the whole truth about benefits. Never said no raises was told 1 week vacation after a year, but not true you start accruing time after a year.

Manager Interview

Interview

Very detailed. Lots of in depth questions. Broken down by category, HR, sales, metrics etc. Lots to do with the treatment of associates and the rewards/recognition given to the associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I went through the whole testing and interview process in June, but only heard back from them yesterday - 4 months later - this time they asked a couple of questions and requested another resume, which I sent. They did not seem to realise I had already interviewed in June, so I let them know that I had, but that I would be happy to interview again. Instead of bringing me in for another interview, today I got an e-mail telling me they hired someone else. I was not really happy with my interview experience, but I am glad that they did give me a shot.

Interview Questions

• Be ready for a long list of generic behavioral interview questions. These types of interviews always make me feel that they want to hire people who can act like they are good workers over people with good character who actually are good workers,   Answer Question