Sears Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Marketing Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The role I was originally approached about was withdrawn days before the interview and the interview was changed to exploratory. I met with half a dozen people during the day all of whom were professional and clearly wanted to succeed in their areas but did not have any idea why they were talking to me. The overall process was disorganized.

My observation is the marketing areas are going through a lot of change. Shifting responsibilities and personnel make it a challenging team to join, though perhaps a good place to be if you are looking for an entrepreneurial role in a large organization. Constant fire drills and changes, though not unexpected anywhere these days, appear to be disrupting the strategic vision and creating a short term view.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and then had a Group interview (peers, directors, manager). The interview started off good, but ended strange, two cancellations, no notification or explanation during the process from HR. Also, the folks I met with didn't seem to have a grasp of the position I was interviewing for, aside from the manager, which made for a difficult two-way conversation. The interviewers conveyed limited resources within team and concern regarding the manager, not a great sign. No follow-up from HR, nothing. Very disappointing and unprofessional experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What have they already told you about the position you are applying for?   1 Answer
    • Do you enjoy running reports all day?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with an application via the corporate website. An associate called to screen me first and allow me to take an online assessment questionnaire. Then, I was asked to meet with the hiring manager to discuss the job posted in detail. I was notified within a week of another applicant being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in November 2009.

Interview

There was no rhyme or reason to the whole process. The first contact was a telephone call from an "outside HR" consultant who spoke with me for about 10 minutes and then set me up a face to face meeting with the Regional Executive the very next day. That intervew was canceled, though no one thought to call me. I showed up, the Regional wasn't in and I left. Called the HR consultant numerous times to find out what happened. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interviewing for jobs which are clearly below my level of expertise?   1 Answer