Sears Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benbrook, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Benbrook, TX).

Interview

I did the online assessment, which was the longest I've ever had to do, and submitted my application. I got a call a few days later asking for an interview. Once I got there I ended up waiting in the back office for at least 30 minutes before anyone even said anything to be. When they finally started to interview me it turned out that I had to be 18 years of age or older, I was 17. My interviewer was rude and made it out that it was my fault, that the application wouldn't have allowed that and she didn't know how I did the application. Nowhere on the application did it say I had to be 18 and all information I could find at that time said minimum age was 16. I found other stores and interview processes to be much nicer and informative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in February 2016.

Interview

very fast, friendly. It was a very casual interview. I was offered the job after 10 minutes of talking with interviewer. Looking forward to working there. Went and took my drug test now waiting for background check to come back. I am excited.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast, I got a call from HR to schedule an interview just a few days after I submitted an application online. The interview itself was casual and comfortable. I was interviewed by a single manager and was offered the position at the end. The whole thing probably took about 15 minutes, and I was prepared for most of the questions (in part by reading some of the reviews on here.)

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when someone needed you to do something with great urgency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Sierra Vista, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

HR sent me an email for an interview in two days. Talked to the assistant manager, it took a whole 15 minutes and was done. I was surprised at how his whole demeanor/personality did not fit that as an assistant manager. He was really shy and whispered through the interview. I was stunned. He said there were a few more interviews he had to do and would email me if I got the job. Well never did receive an email.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was incredibly easy, probably because I have a college degree and was applying to a job where pretty much all I'd be doing is folding clothes. I got hired after talking to the manager for 10 minutes and only had to keep going with the interview because they are required to ask you questions from a sheet of paper. Mainly I kept getting asked "if you have a business degree, why are you applying for a job here." I kept it honest and told them no one else would hire me and this was a last resort because I needed to save up some money.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational-type questions, tell me about a time you had to...I just used a lot of examples from working in group projects in college and that was enough for them.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in November 2015.

Interview

Before the onsite interview I had 2 phone interview. one is behavior and the other is technical. 5 senior manager interviewed me then. They are nice and the interview process is relaxing. They asked me behavior, technical and mathematical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. They just want to know that you are capable of doing the job and will be reliable. Emphasize your reliability and customer service skills. Bond with the interviewer and make a joke or two.

Anonymous Employee in El Centro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (El Centro, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview went by fast although there was a bit if delay waiting for the manager. We went through a packet with a set of questions that were pretty much scenarios. I was then scheduled for a second interview and there I answered a couple for scenario questions and went over the store's policy and what not.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was the culture like in your previous employment?
      2. Describe a time when you received excellent customer service and how has that impacted your thinking of what customer service should be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice. The whole process was pretty easy. There was no confusion about my interview date or anything like that. I showed up and he asked me a few simple questions.
    I will give you a little tip, though. Not just for this job but any job you apply for. If you really want to work for a certain company, you will. All you have to do is try. Figure out what about you makes you a perfect fit for the job - and emphasize these reasons in the interview. That's all.

Interview Questions

• What was the culture like in your last job?   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears in October 2015.

Interview

One of the associates directed us where to go and there was 5 managers but 1 on 1. It wasn't too hard and they made me feel comfortable. The interview was around 10 to 15 minutes.