Sears Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.1

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call the next day (Saturday) for an interview Tuesday. Arrived and had an interview with a Lead, then with a Assistant Store Manager. Then she took me for a tour of the store. Then had a short interview with the Store Manager. Was asked to leave the room while the ASM and Store Manager spoke. The ASM came back and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I recently had an interview at Sears in the shoe department as a stocker. I met with the manager who walked me through the floor, explaining how the process works and how she likes to keep a clean and efficient department. She was very nice with everything. Next we did the "actual" interview in her office. She asked some fairly normal questions; "Name two examples where you overcame a challenge.", "Why do you want to work here?", things like that. She wrote down everything I said. Again, she was very nice and would nod if I gave the "right" answer. I didn't meet with the HR rep as she was busy but I will soon.

Interview Questions

• Name two examples in which you overcame a challenge. This was pretty tough to answer, though not impossible and shouldn't stump anyone. You should already have examples in your head before you interview because they ask this question a lot. I didn't and had to scramble to think of them. Be prepared and it'll be a breeze.   Answer Question

Got a position elsewhere.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Initial call from Sears store after over a month of applying for position. Call was brief, offered no info regarding position, or what location in store to meet, or name of interviewer. Upon arrival all offices were empty, and no one had knowledge of appointment. Eventually, interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• 3 interviews in a row with a long battery of vague questions. None about past positions, experience or core skills. Last question? "If you could only take one form of technology with you to the future...what would it be?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Lowest legal pay in U.S. offered. Take it, leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Lake Charles, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I received a call asking to come in for an interview. I was greeted by a manager and brought to the HR room and interviewed. It was about 30-40 minutes and 4 pages of questions. Felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy and common sense. There were questions about your accomplishments and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

the starting pay is $7.25, there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Troy, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy Interview Process. Applied online Thursday, called the store Friday, and was giving an interview for Monday. I was hired on the spot. They gave me a tour of the store as a part of my interview. Nice people but the pay is low. Great job for someone with no real responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Starting pay was $7.40 and my current job was paying more than that.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The person I was supposed to be interviewed by didn't show up til 12:30 close to 1:00pm, when she scheduled my interview for 9:00am. So I sat for 2 hours until someone else was able to interview me. It was pretty simple actually, which was a huge relief because I was so nervous since I didn't have previous retail experience. I noticed before that someone else mentioned that it was more of a conversation than an interview, and they were right but I'm not complaining lol. The guy I was "interviewed" by was really nice. He basically kind of read off a paper asking me about previous employment and then gave me details about the position and what to expect. He didn't ask much questions about me or my skills, etc. The female who went before me also said the same thing. It didn't have that real interview feeling. After that he asked me to have a seat and I met with another manager who conducted my second interview. She asked questions about what I did before, describe a good customer service experience, the usual Tell Me About Yourself, talked about their mission, their Shop Your Way reward program and app, etc. After about 10 mins. she sat up and told me I got the job. I then gave a young lady at the desk my ID & Social Security card to be photocopied. She sent me an email to fill out the same assessment I previous did when I first applied. I have another assessment to do, fill out a form, then I get 48 hours to complete a drug test then I receive my schedule and start my orientation. It's a part time position with 25-30 hours average with minimum wage ($8/hr) with a really easy 1 day process. But because they seemed to be rushing, it looked like they're hiring just about anyone. So just come dressed well with a resume, ID, Social Security card and a smile and you'd def. get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I answered their application online and got a phone call form their HR a few hours later. When I got to the location, I was brought inside the store's office for the interview. It was a one-on-one interview with their MPA lead because the store manager wasn't available. The lead was a very friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed. She asked me about my work experiences but since this would be an application for my first job ever, we talked about my experiences at school. We talked about leadership roles, what I can contribute to the company, if I have experience with computers, etc. I was told that I will be contacted in the future if we will push through with the process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the time you had to lead a group. What kind of work did you do? How did you manage your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Thornton, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online and had two interviews from one of the associates and the manager. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember it in detail, but they asked me the usual questions and it went all well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Dothan, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy. There was a two part interview. For the first part the questions pertained to my availability, and the second interview questions were more geared to my work experience, and what I wanted out of Sears.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you experienced great customer service.   1 Answer

The company I was working for at the time was partnering with Sears to add their merchandise the following summer, so it would have been a conflict of interest.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through the website. First, they have you submit a resume and input your typical information. Then they have you take a 30-45 minute personality assessment. After that, you must complete five simulated situations relating to customer service. It was quite entertaining, but very time consuming. After a few weeks, I received an email from Sears apparently saying I did not pass the assessments.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer, and then another person comes up to and wants to ask a "quick question."   Answer Question