Sears Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was very brief, they will ask about leadership, training, and any team accomplishments. Just be genuine and be yourself, they are searching for YOU because you will contribute to the company. If you got the interview Congrats!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay.

Brand Central Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then received an online assessment. The next day I received a second online assessment. The assessments were part personality and part math/metrics. After a week I called into the store to speak with the Store Manager to follow up. He sent an email to HR. HR then contacted me a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I received a call from the store manager asking to set up an in-store interview. We sat in his office, it was very laid back and relaxed and talked about previous work experience and what the job would entail. He then took me for a tour around my department. 2 days after I received an email from the Marketplace Manager (District Manager) to schedule a phone interview time. He was very direct and to the point. Asked me about my work experience, told me about the job and asked if I had any questions. A week after speaking with him I received a call from HR with an offer. I accepted and then had to pass a background check (criminal) and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment at that time. Received a call from the LPM I would be working for to set up an interview about 3 days after applying. LPM was very laid back and around my age. Interview was mostly skipped as all the questions were about sales, LPM said "you aren't selling anything in this job". Set up a 2nd interview halfway through the first, for the following day. 1st interview took 45mins to an hour.

2nd interview was with the store manager, who only looked over the first interview notes and verified it was correct. Was given notice I would receive offer via email later that day. 2nd interview took 10 mins.

Email came with extremely low offer. Talked with recruiter about the pay and ended up getting exactly what I asked for. Which was $3.40/hr more than originally offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult situation where you had to think fast?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated $3.40 more than original offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with the department manager and the assistant manager for separate interviews, at the actual store, in person. They asked all of the basic interview questions, same as any job interview. Had done online application, personality questions, and phone screen first, on the computer and via phone, from home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate higher pay rate, but it was take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

Went wonderful, nice people.

Accepted another offer.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

process seemed very slow....took long time between contacts

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

With Sears you'll generally have two interviews. One with your department manager and then another with the stores general or operations manager. They use a lot of STAR formatted questions and a couple regular "what is your greatest weakness?" type of things. Sears goes a lot on positive attitude. When you go in there make sure it seems like your made of sunshine and rainbows and it'll be a sure thing.

Negotiation

Sears offers a stand $ dollar amount per hour across most of its stores don't bother trying to negotiate because you aren't gonna get anywhere (at least in the part time area). Sears is a place to work until you can get a real job. Remember that.