Sears Office Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Office Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Midland, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I did not even get a chance to interview. When I showed up at my scheduled time, the manager didn't know I was coming and was on a conference call. I was told that I would have to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because there was no interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Merrillville, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

This was the worest interview I have ever had. It was not even an interview. The manger on duty at the merrillville indiana location showed me to the back and than she checked her phone and than made a call to someone on the work phone (i assumed they needed help) she left without even saying anything to me. After 25 minutes she came back and told me that the position had already been filled. First thing I could think of why know one never called me to tell me to have me come all the way out here. In the middle of talking to me she than begin talking to someone else woth out even saying excuse me or anything . It was super unproductive. She than ask me my availability and I told her , which was the same I put on my application before I got the interview. She said have nothing with that availability. I told her thank you for her time and left. I will never be applying here again . Do not want to work for a company like. Don’t even waste time filling out the long application for no reason.

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in March 2018.

Interview

I was asked a few questions and then the interviewer talked about the company for a few minutes. I was indirectly warned of how big businesses are going out of business recently and that if I worked there, we would all have to really try to get people to come into the store. Honestly, that was a bit terrifying because job security completely went out the window. The pay rate was extremely low, there weren't any benefits offered because they just wanted a fill in part time employee, and it didn't feel like the business was doing well. I decided to go with a well-established bank instead for employment.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Sears?   1 Answer

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a guy in Mississippi in response to my online application for a Lafayette Louisiana job. He could not tell me hours or pay, much less scope of work. I went in for the interview anyway. When I got there, I found out that the guy who makes the hiring decisions is on vacation. They pulled and assistant manager from the shoe department to interview me because she was available. She sat down and literally said to me, "Honestly I don't know much about the job you are applying for. I am just interviewing you because I had a few minutes and I am an assistant manager." She then proceeded to tell me that I was expected to work for minimum wage, and I probably would not get more than 15 hours a week. To say the least I was insulted. I have over 7 years experience in my field, rave reviews from former employers, and positive statistics for office management from all of my previous positions. I finished the interview, but even if they offered me the job I do not think I will be taking it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you achieve something difficult.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were under pressure at work.   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online (took about an hour) and received a call the next day. Interview was a few days later. Interviewed with the store manager. The manager made me feel relaxed and asked about my prior work experience. He also explained the job, Sears' history and direction, and how many hours a week I could expect to work. We negotiated a starting pay (this job starts at minimum wage).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what made you choose to apply at Sears.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you achieved a goal that someone else had set for you.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Exton, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

He interview was straightforward. The Human Resource Lead read from a company generated interview question and answer sheet. She was polite, respectful, and honest. She explained the job in detail making sure that I understood everything she was telling me. She explained that the drug testing was random, and who is chosen for the testing is decided by the computer program.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the payscale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the district manager to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview, I first interviewed with the Operations manager, and after about 45 minutes he called in the Store manager to conduct a second interview. He tentatively offered me the position, with the results depending on a level 2 background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to pay strong attention to detail at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Charleston, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. Informative. Comfortable. The Lead and Assistant Manager were kind, polite and conversational. The applied for job's entailing duties and responsibilities were generally explained. The overall atmosphere seemed involved at the time of my interview as the store was open and business bustled. The interview was well received.

Office Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Conducted a brief phone interview with the recruiter did a one-on-one interview with the store manager who asks a variety of average questions I was immediately offered the job before they even got my background check

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was easy and fast. You go through 3 interviewers. When I got there no one seemed to know who was going to interview me, so they picked whatever managers that were free to do it.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you provided great customer service?   Answer Question