Sears Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was very brief, they will ask about leadership, training, and any team accomplishments. Just be genuine and be yourself, they are searching for YOU because you will contribute to the company. If you got the interview Congrats!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

There is a lengthy and challenging assessment that has to be taken by an candidate prior to interviewing. You are time only being allowed 1.0 to complete 145 questions. If you pass the assessment you will then be called for an interview. Once the interview is complete it can take up to 3 days before you hear weather or not Sears will make a tentative offer for employment. You will have to pass a background check and drug test first to receive a start date. The background check can take from 2 weeks to 1 month to clear.

Interview Questions

• Once you reach this stage there are the general questions about work history, what you have to offer if hired and salary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

long, drawn out, repetitive, 3 different people interview you, same questions are asked over and over. pointless back dated questions that dont apply to the modern work place blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• give an example you were required to do that right thing at work   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Since I was already employed with the company, my interview was less formal. Basically, I was asked if I had alliances with the associates and would I be able to hold them accountable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negative. I was told my promotion was a lateral move, which was an unethical statement by the District Manager.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for position on linked in a a Wedensday evening, received a call back by a recruiter the next day (Thursday). The recruiter referred me to the online application system which I completed the same day. On Friday the recruiter sent me the link to their online management questionaire which I completed on Saturday. On Monday the following week I was contacted by the recruiter to establish an on-site interview appointment for the coming Wednesday. Arrived for the interview early, was greeted by three levels of managment and a recruiter. The interview went extremely well, no issues, all questions were scenario-based "What would you do if..." type of questions. The interview was formal but relaxed, more like a two-way conversation.

Interview Questions

• If you had a veteran subordinate employed by the company for many years whose retirement plan and or pension was altered or reduced, and you had to inform the employee, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview

4 panel interviews before initial offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HA! There was none.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I interviewed with the Store Manager. It was fairly simple since I was already working at the same location. I then interviewed with the district manager to be since our district manager had left. The questions were typical and straight out of a guideline book. They're looking for basic things. It definitely help if you've managed somewhere else before.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a Store Manager. Pretty basic questions for the position I was applying for(questions about work history and experience). Interview lasted an hour. I did a follow up interview with the District Manager. He did not press me for answers. I had a sense that he trusted the judgement of the store manager and by meeting with him if was more of a courtesy interview. Our meeting lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• No specifics just a lot of hypothetical situation base type of questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Interview

There was a lot of Probing. Other than that a typical interview
    If you have interviewed before than there was nothing special to this interview. It was a panel in two phases.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Phila, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with Asst GM and the GM. The AGM gave me a tour of the facility and went over the challenges of the building. The GM interview was more of a conversation to see how I was on a personal level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little room to negotiate as the company is not well financially.