Sears Receiving Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Receiving Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

Everything was online at first, then the Store Manager calls you in and interviews at a given time.

Interview Questions

• Prior employment history as well as prior salary.....information did not impact the offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just asked to work on a series of training modules for several hours and met my coworkers then started for a few hours several days a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Receiving Associate Interview

Interview

applied online, came in talked to two managers and the backroom lead

Negotiation

negotiation? im at 7.25 after 2 years. there is no negotiation

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sears in December 2014.

Interview

Applyed in January, got a call around May to set up an interview. Interviewed with the assistant store manager, then got called by the receiving manager and was offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Baltimore, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

I filled out the application in store on a Monday and was called in for the interview the next day. The interview was only 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the standard run of the mill questions. I received the call two days later that I was hired. The process was ver informal and fast. I was able to negotiate my salary based upon my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Peoria, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was offered to schedule an interview. I confirmed it for the next afternoon. I arrived to the HR department and no one was there so I asked someone to page for me. After 5 minutes a manager showed up. I originally applied for one position but was told in ONE DAY the position had been filled and was asked if I wanted to work in another department. I said sure and waited another 5 minutes for another manager to show up. I then waited while she printed out my application. She interviewed me and asked basic questions and was friendly. I was told to come back the next day and do a second interview with the store manager.

I came back to the second interview and waited 10 minutes for the store manager to show up. She finally did and what proceeded was more of an interrogation than an interview. She asked me who my current manager was as she was looking at the name on the page. She also asked me the dates I worked my previous jobs while they were on the page. She asked me why I wanted to switch to Sears which only pays minimum wage from another retail job that pays more. She asked me the prompted generic questions and concluded with, "We're interviewing several other candidates and will call you," which is corporate talk for, "we don't want you and you won't be hearing from us." I thanked her and walked out. The manager who interviewed me first time was present the whole time but didn't say anything. When I walked out she told me to wait a minute and her and the store manager talked privately. She came out and offered me a job. I filled out tax forms and consent for background check. I was told they now only randomly do pre-employment drug tests and the computer had not picked me to do one. I was told after my background check was done I would get a call from the HR manager who I hadn't met at that point.

I've been lied to many times about pay and hours by employers so I tend to not even ask about those things when I interview. They offered me the least amount of money they could pay me, (so at least I don't have to worry about them going back on their word.) As for hours they were very vague, this was a part-time job, but I could work up to 40 hours but typically around 29. I have no real expectations. It could be anywhere between 10 and 40.

Interview Questions

• "Is our store location too far away for you?"   Answer Question
    • "Was is your current supervisor's name?" As she's starring at it!   Answer Question
    • "Why do you want to go from a higher paying job to a minimum wage job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Chattanooga, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

MRS. LYONS should be sotre manager, no one else is intelligent to do it. i feel lannie and the rest of that uninformed backwoods crew need's to find another line of work.

Interview Questions

• all of the question's were pertinent and well within the scope of information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

honest and on point, there was no holding back.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Lubbock, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied for a position at Sears via their online website, which has the nice benefit of auto-establishing an interview for you. The interview process was very laid back - the Supervisor and I had a 1:1 interview, he spoke briefly with the store's GM, and I was offered a position that day.

The culture was stated to be laid back, and that was fairly obvious even through the interview process with extremely general questions that, as long as you don't answer in a terrible fashion, they're pretty much looking for the most minimal competency required.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question
    • What do you consider the most important skill in a job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Aiea, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Aiea, HI) in November 2010.

Interview

General behavioral questions are asked. About 3-4 is normal.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you had and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Morrow, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied to sears originally for cashier position online not too bad there were 65 questions on there but pretty quick short questions and got called the next day offering a receiving associates position and I agreed to it after they briefly described to me what they do. That same week on a Friday I had the interview first with the receiving sales lead and then I thought I was done but he had told me he enjoyed listening to my responses and that he was going to see if his supervisor approved of me .....then his supervisor interviewed me minutes later lol but both interviewers were fair and were friendly except for the first one lol but I guess cuss the supervisor was only working there for six months as he told me in the interview.

Interview Questions

• the 2nd interviewer had the hardest questions but only hard if you had no experience .....like discuss a time you had to deal with a irritated customer and how did you handle it ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my offer was just 7.25 hr no negotiation ...only 25 cents less then what I was making at mcdonalds so wasn't really a big deal to me only about 9 dollars less a week then what I use to make at mcdonalds so ......

Receiving Associate Interview

Interview

They hiring process is a very smooth process that is not that difficult at all it is usually seperated into two interviews. One will be with a particular department manager and then another one will be with another manager andf they will give you a tour of the store and all the areas.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult question   1 Answer