Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview and I decided to call back. While waiting to call back I asked the lady to pull up my resume. 1) She couldn't find it even though I spelled my name to her 2) When I asked her the regarding policy for the drug testing (Not mentioned in the application when I applied) I asked her what Sears policy was on drugs and if they handled their drug testing at a federal or state level. She scoffed at me. Literally laughed over the phone like I was joking and I felt pretty perplexed at such a response. At her response before she even bothered talking again I felt pretty disinterested in her lack of professionalism at the question. I told her I didn't want to pursue to follow the screening into the group interview they had coming up afterwards.

I felt like it could have gone better, but I believe Sears should take some time to teach their employees to be more professional. Even had I not been using a Medical card or not, the level of professionalism was sub-par to poor. Not impressed.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR).

Interview

They ask you about the things that you can bring to the company. How do you work in group. The interview is very professional and organized. The process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was formal but very non up tight. Was in an small office and lasted for around 20 mins. Afterwards I received a follow up can withing three days. My hire was prompt after returning to the store. And about a weeks worth of training before I was set loose

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Albany, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did the application online for a cashier position, received an email 2 days later interview was the next day, I was offered the position had to pass a drug test. End up not going to take the test due to an illness in the family. I applied again and was offered another position didn't have to go through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• When was a time your provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in October 2016.

Interview

Structured, very vanilla process, lacks personal fit information just your typical tell me about a time questions. The interview was conducted in a closet sized room which was quite awkward for both the interviewing individual as well as myself. The form they are given is structured and takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. I was able to answer the questions satisfactorily. The interview did not provide a tour of the facilities or a review of product lines which i thought would be great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didnt want to buy something and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview. I am waiting to hear if I get the job. I hope I do as I really need the extra money for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Concord, NH).

Interview

Great interviewer and good questions, but the pay was way too low for a drug test and all these evaluations. Nice people but I went somewhere else because it was too much of a hassle. It took them a week to get back to me even though I was offered the job on the spot. They were sketchy with the pay and understood why because once I did all this work I was bummed for the 7.25 an hour (my state minimum wage) So I declined the offer and now I've been harassed with phone call after phone call on why I declined it. I keep telling them why..and they can't fix it obviously. I guess they can't take the hint because five people have called me over and over about it. Just don't apply or work there..company going down the tubes and for a job like that you're worth more than minimum wage. McDonald's pays more.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell a credit card to customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Hagerstown, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and I was hired in less than 10 minutes. I didn't think they really cared who I was, they were just in dire need of more employees and would accept just about anyone at that time.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you persuaded someone to see your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. To begin with, the woman who called me was a recruiter (forgive me, I think that is what they call themselves), and although she was very kind, she didn't know much about my individual store it seemed. I arrived several minutes early and I began asking the employees where the person I would meet with was. All of the employees told me she'd be with me briefly, and I sat in the human resources room for quite awhile. Finally, I realized that no one was coming and they were actually closing down some parts of the room, so I went out and asked some more employees. Around thirty minutes later another woman came in and she said she'd be doing my interview. She never gave me her name and when I asked her if she was the woman I was supposed to meet with, she said she was not, but she would be doing my interview anyway. She only asked me around two questions and skimmed my resume, and seemed very disinterested. She told me she'd call me in a few days, and I never received a call back and ended up finding employment elsewhere. Overall, the entire process seemed very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (El Cajon, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The person that hired me was very sweet and understanding. They asked me to tell them about myself then I had to do an assessment for the job and after you pass you get a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience ?   1 Answer