Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sears

2.0

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a two interview process, the first one was to actually see you in person and if your apperance was fiting. Followed by many questions about your private life like hobbies and interests. The second interview got more informative about what you would actually be expected to learn and the task you would be assigned. Next was benefits and salary. In the end I got a job offer to start next week.

Interview Questions

• Would you like full time or part time employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy and informative.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (Lees Summit, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick

Negotiation

They will hook you in with false promises of financial stability.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was very odd because it was not a formal interview but rather a quick way to get one into the field because many would quit before due to negative experiences with working there .

Interview Questions

• what languages were spoken ? how much experience one has had? what sections of the store were of interest?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview

very quick and easy phone then testing at the center and coming back to talk in person to a manager. then went for a drug test quick easy and then I heard from them

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Oviedo, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, for email to interview. Was hard to find the person interviewing me, asked a few employees and they had no clue. Waited about 20 minutes before I was interviewed but interview was fairly easy. Just went over application and ask a few questions on my experience, skills, and background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of the way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you learned that another employee was stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview was straight forward dress professional where a collar shirt and blue or black pants. Was asked back for a second interview. The interview went well it was pretty easy just make good eye contact. Will be asked if commission is okay for pay.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about when I convinced people to do or buy a product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Meridian, MS) in December 2017.

Interview

Thought the interview went pretty good and the lady liked me, told me I was gonna come back for a second interview that was a lie got a email said I wasn't moving forward with them

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was called to schedule a day for a person interview. Hired on the spot. After that you do a criminal background check and a drug test and wait several weeks for that to go through. Afterwards you are called in for on board training.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Prior to the interview there were several online assessments on professional acumen, psychological analysis, IQ test and basic math and problem solving abilities.
    There were 3 stages of interview. Firstly a phone screen by the national HR manager followed by Skype interview with the regional operations manager and program director and then a final personal face to face interview with the store manager. After approval in all the stages there was a drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about prior work experience and personal background including education. There were questions on how to solve specific issues in business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

First, they sent me email to schedule the interview time, then I had two interviews in the same day with different person, they asked really decent questions and I got hired right away. It is really easy because they need people. A week later, I had the orientation to know about the company and my job. In the same day, they gave me my work schedule and I started to work there the same week.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself. what is your goal in two years. Do you know about sears credit card.   Answer Question