Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

Quick typical sales interview, was disorganized, interviewer asked me to "sell" him a piece of office equipment. Was offered a position on the spot, and accepted simply because I needed work immediately.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this stapler?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Brief, really just filling this out so glassdoor will let me see their info they try hiding until you fill some things out. Take this all with a grain of salt. Pay no attention to it. It means nothing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview and I decided to call back. While waiting to call back I asked the lady to pull up my resume. 1) She couldn't find it even though I spelled my name to her 2) When I asked her the regarding policy for the drug testing (Not mentioned in the application when I applied) I asked her what Sears policy was on drugs and if they handled their drug testing at a federal or state level. She scoffed at me. Literally laughed over the phone like I was joking and I felt pretty perplexed at such a response. At her response before she even bothered talking again I felt pretty disinterested in her lack of professionalism at the question. I told her I didn't want to pursue to follow the screening into the group interview they had coming up afterwards.

I felt like it could have gone better, but I believe Sears should take some time to teach their employees to be more professional. Even had I not been using a Medical card or not, the level of professionalism was sub-par to poor. Not impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR).

Interview

They ask you about the things that you can bring to the company. How do you work in group. The interview is very professional and organized. The process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was formal but very non up tight. Was in an small office and lasted for around 20 mins. Afterwards I received a follow up can withing three days. My hire was prompt after returning to the store. And about a weeks worth of training before I was set loose

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Albany, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did the application online for a cashier position, received an email 2 days later interview was the next day, I was offered the position had to pass a drug test. End up not going to take the test due to an illness in the family. I applied again and was offered another position didn't have to go through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• When was a time your provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in October 2016.

Interview

Structured, very vanilla process, lacks personal fit information just your typical tell me about a time questions. The interview was conducted in a closet sized room which was quite awkward for both the interviewing individual as well as myself. The form they are given is structured and takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. I was able to answer the questions satisfactorily. The interview did not provide a tour of the facilities or a review of product lines which i thought would be great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didnt want to buy something and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview. I am waiting to hear if I get the job. I hope I do as I really need the extra money for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Jackson, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

all you need to do is to score as high as possible in assessment, make sure you have a background in selling before, that would be a plus! good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Concord, NH).

Interview

Great interviewer and good questions, but the pay was way too low for a drug test and all these evaluations. Nice people but I went somewhere else because it was too much of a hassle. It took them a week to get back to me even though I was offered the job on the spot. They were sketchy with the pay and understood why because once I did all this work I was bummed for the 7.25 an hour (my state minimum wage) So I declined the offer and now I've been harassed with phone call after phone call on why I declined it. I keep telling them why..and they can't fix it obviously. I guess they can't take the hint because five people have called me over and over about it. Just don't apply or work there..company going down the tubes and for a job like that you're worth more than minimum wage. McDonald's pays more.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell a credit card to customers?   1 Answer