Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. To begin with, the woman who called me was a recruiter (forgive me, I think that is what they call themselves), and although she was very kind, she didn't know much about my individual store it seemed. I arrived several minutes early and I began asking the employees where the person I would meet with was. All of the employees told me she'd be with me briefly, and I sat in the human resources room for quite awhile. Finally, I realized that no one was coming and they were actually closing down some parts of the room, so I went out and asked some more employees. Around thirty minutes later another woman came in and she said she'd be doing my interview. She never gave me her name and when I asked her if she was the woman I was supposed to meet with, she said she was not, but she would be doing my interview anyway. She only asked me around two questions and skimmed my resume, and seemed very disinterested. She told me she'd call me in a few days, and I never received a call back and ended up finding employment elsewhere. Overall, the entire process seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (El Cajon, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The person that hired me was very sweet and understanding. They asked me to tell them about myself then I had to do an assessment for the job and after you pass you get a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Westminster, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from one manager informing me of a hiring event happening at a certain time during the week, after interview, took awhile to find out if I got the job or not. Overall, the interview was pretty laid back, with a few questions, then being dismissed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. Then told I could not be hired because it was a school day. Had filled in all of the files then came and got told I couldn't get hired..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Greenville, NC).

Interview

Was called and drove an hour to get there. The person I was scheduled by Sears HR to meet with was not scheduled to work that day. They found somebody to talk to me and after a few minutes, the store manager came in and talked to me. They didn't want to make a decision without the Asst. Manager who was scheduled off that day to talk to me. Could I come back tomorrow? Sure. (Another 2 hour round trip).

Why I don't recommend applying? The position is P/T not F/T and it is 100% commission. (Didn't know that going in). Real issue is you "draw" and hourly salary ($7.25 IIRC) BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY IT ALL BACK!! So if you make $300 in commission week 1, then rains, tornadoes, snow, etc. impact sales such that you don't make any commission week 2 (overly dramatic but making a point) and you are "paid" $275, then on week 3 when your commission is $325, you will only get $50! In essence, when you are moving appliances and lifting heavy thing, you are working for free and risking injury for free as you only get paid for the actual commission. Any hourly pay must be paid back.

If I had known how their pay schedule works, I never would have applied. Maybe that's why they don't tell you. Between the disorganization of HR scheduling the interview on a day when the person wouldn't be there and making 2 2 hour round trips, and the pay structure, I really cannot recommend Sears for a job. (BTW, news yesterday they are closing 65 K-Marts and 10 Sears)

Anonymous Employee in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Norridge, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very casual interview. There's two parts. There supposed to be done by different people. The man who interviewed me was very nice and explained what he was going to ask. They're looking for approachable, friendly people. It's expected since you'll be drawling with customers the whole day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The woman was on time, very friendly and warm. I felt very comfortable. She took time to explain the differnernt departments and what qualities were needed. The woman discussed my gifts and where they would best fin in their needs.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview was one on one. The manager was very nice and understanding that i had never had work experience before. He asked me a total of four questions and if i knew about how to promote the sears credit cards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you experienced negative customer service. What made it bad? Describe a positive customer experience and what makes it good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Neshaminy, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Neshaminy, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

so I applied online, I have never made a resume before but I looked online for any ideas on how to make one. It was actually pretty easy to make, once I knew what I was doing. I was greeted nicely as soon as I got their. I asked the cashier were the interviews were taking place. she was really nice and was happy to hear I was getting interviewed. so long story short, yes I was a bit nerves I answered the questions though I have no retail experience. so I let them know ahead of time. But they were pleased to here my ability to work any shift and any day . is probably was influence their decision to hire me. so HINT to anyone out their looking to get hired pretty much anywhere your most likely to get hired if you tell them your willing to work any day. anytime. when we all know you rather not but work is work right. :)

Interview Questions

• I'm wearing a $100. outfit. how can you make this a $200. outfit.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Orland Park, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and Dreadful asked super ridiculous and tedious questions kept promoting a different position then the one i applied for then gave me a terrible offer for the position i actually applied for so i was forced to take the other job