Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.1

312 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR).

Interview

They ask you about the things that you can bring to the company. How do you work in group. The interview is very professional and organized. The process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was formal but very non up tight. Was in an small office and lasted for around 20 mins. Afterwards I received a follow up can withing three days. My hire was prompt after returning to the store. And about a weeks worth of training before I was set loose

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sears (Cedar Park, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat down with the sales manager, talked about past sales experience, was informed of how sales work with Sears, did a mock situation, showed basic skills in adding attachments to a sale, started the next day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well. I kept calling and eventually got in for one. The interview was focused on sales and meeting metrics. I waited a week an someone called me in to start working.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

it was very odd because it was not a formal interview but rather a quick way to get one into the field because many would quit before due to negative experiences with working there .

Interview Questions

• what languages were spoken ? how much experience one has had? what sections of the store were of interest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Albany, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Did the application online for a cashier position, received an email 2 days later interview was the next day, I was offered the position had to pass a drug test. End up not going to take the test due to an illness in the family. I applied again and was offered another position didn't have to go through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• When was a time your provided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in October 2016.

Interview

Structured, very vanilla process, lacks personal fit information just your typical tell me about a time questions. The interview was conducted in a closet sized room which was quite awkward for both the interviewing individual as well as myself. The form they are given is structured and takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. I was able to answer the questions satisfactorily. The interview did not provide a tour of the facilities or a review of product lines which i thought would be great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone didnt want to buy something and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Toledo, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview. I am waiting to hear if I get the job. I hope I do as I really need the extra money for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Jackson, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

all you need to do is to score as high as possible in assessment, make sure you have a background in selling before, that would be a plus! good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Oviedo, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, for email to interview. Was hard to find the person interviewing me, asked a few employees and they had no clue. Waited about 20 minutes before I was interviewed but interview was fairly easy. Just went over application and ask a few questions on my experience, skills, and background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of the way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you learned that another employee was stealing?   Answer Question