Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Easy. You interview with a dept manager, assistant manager, then store manager. New hiring process when I left made it a longer process to get in the door. It was taking a month to get people in. But it has been a while so maybe the new system is not so bad now.

Interview Questions

• What technological device would you like to have and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Low Stress, the management was making sure that you were competent to ring out items and give the correct change back, beyond a few basic interview questions there wasn't anything special about the interview

Interview Questions

• How trustworthy are you to be able to work your shifts and be on time for them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. No trick questions. There were a few common sense "what if" questions. The online application actually took considerably longer than the interview itself. Interviewed with HR, than the Hardlines Manager, Pretty easy job to get and keep. All in all, good company to work for part time.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer that obviously needs some assistance and it isn't in your area of responsibility, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and took a couple weeks. I applied through a flyer that was advertised. The questions asked were general and easy. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you lead a team.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Long online application and survey. Then after about a month, got a call to come in. First meeting was with the Head Cashier for a group interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Basic Questions and asked for examples of how to handle situations. Then immediately called up for the second part the the assistant manager. Same thing, similar questions, done in pairs with another interviewee. Was immediately given an appointment for a final interview. Final interview was a large group interview with the GM. Very open feel, more casual. She wanted to see how social we were and how we would handle speaking to customers. Was called the next day and offered a position pending drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an upset customer and how did you resolve the situation.
      Tell us a time you went above and beyond in the name of customer service.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online assessment test required. Then contacted by emails when openings came available and asked to apply via email if interested. Received multiple robot declines before receiving a request to show up for a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to accept our conversion to the use of digital tablets required in the sales process? They will prompt you with sales add-ons and customer/member info.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to set up an interview a few days later. I was told I was going to be interviewed by the store manager and the sales lead however that wasn't the deal. It was a 1:1 interview with the store manager. From the beginning, he told me that he was going to be asking me basic interview questions that I've probably been asked before. He was very easy going and explained every detail about the job. I was offered the job on the spot and was told to wait for an email to confirm my acceptance of the position. My friend told me it took her about a week to get that email so I'm still waiting on it. After that, the store manager told me that they need to do a background check and whatnot before I start.
    The training process is about 2 weeks and after 30 days I can start making commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

very clean and direct. Very good in describing what was expected and the pros and cons of the job. I was a little concerned about the "brand" of Sears. I am wondering how young adults will perceive the brand. Good interview. It just didn't feel like the right fit for me right now

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Gadsden, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews, followed by drug screening and then after two weeks a iob. Dress for success if you want the job, management also likes everything sci-fi at our location.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think I should hire you instead of John Doe?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Bernardino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

the hiring process was very tricky considering im a minor. the interview focused on what were my stregnths and how i would respond to negative customers. the lady who interviewed me seemed very judgemental and rude. it was hard to say if i did good or she just hired me for the help.

Interview Questions

• what are your stregnths and how will they help you perform this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not negotiate.