Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.0

305 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I wendt into sears and was walked into the back office then asked to sit down in an interview room. The manager asked me a list of questions, all pretty standard.

Then he walked out of the room for about 5 minutes, came back in & offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Pembroke Pines, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online got a call back for an interview about 30 min later set up an interview for the next day.i went in had to wait a little just talked about my availability and there credit card and what the job required of me and some other interview questions then was asked to come in for anther interview with the manger the next day at 11 I arrived early and was told that the manger wouldn't be here till 12 even though i was told to come at 11. when she finally arrived late she interviewed me and told me she think i would be better for anther position told me to go home and reapply for merchandiser position. i did that got called back for an interview a few days later went to the interview and she was like i already have your information so ill call you on Monday i never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you needed to something with a sense of urgency ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Gurnee, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a week,got a interview,met with front end manager,not the actual store manager as stated in emails.So it was about a half hour,they tell you exactly what is to be expected,and will inadvertently let you know they do not offer raises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears (Sparks, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was really easy, just more about how things run around the store and that hard work can give you the best rewards. Everyone was really nice and friendly and explained everything to me about what day to day operations were going to be like. Pretty much just asked me the basic questions to why I want the job and a bit more about myself considering that they were looking for part time help.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was with a group with 2 other people. There was supposed to be 5 of us but 2 people didn't show up. They will give you a second interview if they cannot make a decision. I was hired that night. They have to do a background check and things of the sort before offering the job. I assume it was done before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you performed excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you were forced to either stop a task and help a customer or continue what you were doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It's a nice office. Clean. Everyone is professional. They offer a low hourly. Expect to work crazy hours . People don't want to be pushed buying appliances.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Called me in for an interview and spoke to the ASM and Store manager and with that they asked me a couple of questions and with that the interview was over.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Apparently you just need to show up for the interview, breath, say a few words ( anything really) and you will get hired. IFFFyou pass your drug test (which most people they try to hire do not)

Interview Questions

• Do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • You will work every holiday, every Sunday also part time can be 45 hour almost every week!   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was early, the hiring manager was late. I waited patiently, and he was kind of rude about the whole process. I was the only one there on the day of the interview, and to be honest, if he was rude, I'm glad I didn't get hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They asked me about my previous work experience and Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission