Sears Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

1.9

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Johnson City, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy, was honestly a breeze. I came into the store and met the manager in his room and we talked about what the job was gonna be like, pay, etc. We talked about the skills of the job and what was necessary for the job. Also talked about pay.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very simple sals questions. I had no experience and got hired. I had a single one on one interview and got hired. Took a while for background check so it was a few weeks before my first day.

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Joplin, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was overkill for the actual job. Entry level jobs shouldn't require 3 interviews. Although three interviews were too much, time wasn't wasted. Two same level managers and the store manager to follow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Honolulu, HI) in June 2014.

Interview

When I got there they weren't even prepared to do the interview for me. My interview lasted for 4 hours, yes I said 4 hours. They tried to make me change my job position and push me into something that I wasn't comfortable in. I had 2 interviews and they pretty much asked the basic interview questions.

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Manchester, NH).

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was contacted by e-mail shortly afterwards to set up an interview. The interview process was 3 different interviews. First with a random manager, then with your will be department manager, next the Ops Manager (second in command in a Sears retail store). With my interview, each manager let me know how they felt about me the second the interview was over, and then let me know when the next interview would be.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected, every question can be found in a basic interview book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the commission sales, there is no negotiation phase in it. It's straight commission (no chance for a base by company policy).

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview process is very disorganized. I received an email at 9pm the night before that told me I had an interview the next morning. My interviewer was very nice but she didn't even realize that she was supposed to interview me. Their questions are logical, but aside from that the process is not organized at all. The hiring process is worse. When I tried to ask about my pay, benefits, number of hours etc. they seemed insulted and reminded me that "you are being given a job offer".

Interview Questions

• For sales associates they sometimes ask product specific questions. i.e. what is the difference between a yard tractor and lawn tractor. However, most of the questions are general "Describe a time that you have dealt with an unsatisfied customer."   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring was simple and straightforward, received a call to schedule a interview and then went in and answered questions. It was a little disorganized but I think they are doing a good job. Basically asks questions regarding prior customer service experience and how it relates to the job among other things, such as work ethics and personality

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

3 interviews took over a month

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

One step process more me, met with one manager and was hired on the spot. Have heard they sometimes do two to three step interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very easy to get hired, turn over is very high. Show interest and they will hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, pay a small training pay but then it's 100% commission