Sears Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.3

Sales Interview

Interview

I met with the lead HR and went over questions and then had two more interviews with the lead Sales and a store manager. Once I had met with them they took me around the store and met with some current employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in February 2016.

Interview

asked why would I be a good fit and describe personality and why I would be a good fit and to share what selling skills that I had learned from past work

Interview Questions

• to sell an item to manager and give benefits and features   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy. make sure you know about the company and position. use person instances when answering questions. first interview then a online exam. if you pass, yu get a second interview. Hired!

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview process was very good and manager was very polite and respectful.I was asked typical questions in a job interview like prior job experience, how I was with customers, how I would prioritize work, how I would deal with irate customers, experience with a register, experience with tv's and electronics.

Interview Questions

• How are you with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

They asked me a few behavioral questions but seemed more interested in when i was going to start and how long i was going to stay. The lady seemed quite nice

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

they will just about hire anyone, the need people to stock and ring up customers. they will push you to sign up people for their credit cards an member feed back reports

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Fill out application online, phone interview first then a drug test, then a back ground test, then a Personal interview with a manager they let you know on the spot

Anonymous Employee in River Falls, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (River Falls, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Very informal. Owner and manager didn't really have a set interview process, however, they are salesmen by trade and know what to look for. Didn't bother with the repetitive, typical interview questions. More interested i knowing expierences and background information than "what did you when..." or "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• For the first time, there were no hard or difficult "trap" questions. It was more conversation than Q&A   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to ask for more money, but they stuck to their guns saying they start everyone at the same wages for 90 days, then do a review and will discuss a wage increase at that time.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Woodbury, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview lasted maybe 10 min. I was asked no questions relevant to the job.

Negotiation

none

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

You go through a fairly long and bizarre online questionnaire, and if you answer the odd questions the right way you are offered an interview and have to pick the time. You show up, maybe you are expected, maybe not.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask if you are willing to work for very little money and no benefits. They don't want to know.   Answer Question