Sears Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.3

Anonymous Employee in River Falls, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (River Falls, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Very informal. Owner and manager didn't really have a set interview process, however, they are salesmen by trade and know what to look for. Didn't bother with the repetitive, typical interview questions. More interested i knowing expierences and background information than "what did you when..." or "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• For the first time, there were no hard or difficult "trap" questions. It was more conversation than Q&A   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to ask for more money, but they stuck to their guns saying they start everyone at the same wages for 90 days, then do a review and will discuss a wage increase at that time.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in April 2011.

Interview

Just moved to Arizona and we found our "go to" pizza place! Not only is the pizza perfect in every way, it is reasonably priced.Just moved to Arizona and we found our "go to" pizza place! Not only is the pizza perfect in every way, it is reasonably priced.

Interview Questions

• Just moved to Arizona and we found our "go to" pizza place! Not only is the pizza perfect in every way, it is reasonably priced.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Woodbury, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview lasted maybe 10 min. I was asked no questions relevant to the job.

Negotiation

none

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

You go through a fairly long and bizarre online questionnaire, and if you answer the odd questions the right way you are offered an interview and have to pick the time. You show up, maybe you are expected, maybe not.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask if you are willing to work for very little money and no benefits. They don't want to know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Winter Park, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Very laid back. They hire just about anyone. Just show up somewhat respectable. Be professional and you will be fine. They are always looking for new people to come in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

They asked about my experiences and how I could contribute to the company. They wanted to know if I was fluent and would I be willing to work weekends. I told them that I did not have prior sales experience for the sales entry position, and it was indicated that they were looking for someone with sales experience even in an entry level position. The interview took approximately 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Plano, TX).

Interview

Walked in with resume, chatted with manager who was half my age for about 5 minutes. Was offered the job. Not very professional, but par for the course. Since my hiring, I have seen one other employee hired, where he had to role play. Manager pretended that they wanted to purchase appliances and had the employee sell items on the spot.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears in February 2016.

Interview

asked why would I be a good fit and describe personality and why I would be a good fit and to share what selling skills that I had learned from past work

Interview Questions

• to sell an item to manager and give benefits and features   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Answered Online questions first regarding customer service and scenarios before receiving calls from HR managers. Then attended 2 interviews conducted by supervisors and store manager. Basic questions, not too hard

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you? tell me about a time you deal with a difficult issue   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview process was very good and manager was very polite and respectful.I was asked typical questions in a job interview like prior job experience, how I was with customers, how I would prioritize work, how I would deal with irate customers, experience with a register, experience with tv's and electronics.

Interview Questions

• How are you with customers?   1 Answer