Sears Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Called me in, talked to 3 people including the store manager, asked me various questions to test my social and problem solving skills. They talked to me about various things and tried to gauge how dedicated I would be. Honestly, their biggest concern was probably just making sure that I would show up on time and that I would not be a jerk to the customers.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you helped a friend or family member with the internet?   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Interview Process was easy and fast. You go through 3 interviewers. When I got there no one seemed to know who was going to interview me, so they picked whatever managers that were free to do it.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you provided great customer service?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over the span of a few weeks. All were very short (around 10 minutes each). The interviews were one-on-one. First, the 2 MCA leads interviewed me on separate occasions. Both asked the same kinds of questions. The last interview was with the store manager. I was hired on site at the last one. All the people who interviewed me were much more pleasant during the interviews than when I had to work alongside them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Simple easy what would you do senarios. Like how to help somone find a clothing, directeng them to the right department. Sometimes used the cash reguster, but mainly be on the sales floor keeping your department clean.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Scheduled an appointment online (I think everyone gets this chance to be honest.) They called the next day to confirm the date, which I'm glad they did because I as afraid they wouldn't know of my interview. Met on the scheduled day and time. Interviewer was pretty nice and straight-forward. I answered the questions professionally and with some stutter, did use the word "Like" a lot. She straight up told me "I'm going to go ahead and not extend a job offer for you." Didn't ask why, felt like the position was already taken. Honestly, it's probably company procedures to have an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to meet or exceed someone's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were faced with a difficult problem and how you solved it..   Answer Question
    • Do you have any previous work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview. I was interviewed by the manager hiring for their specific department. I was then interviewed by someone from human resources. The final interview was with the store manager. The interview itself was generally very easy. They asked typical interview questions and the questions focus mainly on your previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Repair Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

takes long time aproximately 30 days from aplication to hiring date, they screen you based on 1.appearance2.skills3.sociality4.sales5.trustworthy they pick out who you woul let in you home.thats who they hire.drink lots of cofee before interview and ask questions they love comunicators."brown nosers"

Interview Questions

• who do you contact in case unresolved issue   1 Answer
    • what is more important asset to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

they try to brainwash you. you donot have room to negotioate.overtime is mandatory , mandatory 2weeks 6days no exceptions, they will not offer so in writing or disclose . managers quit after 8 months-1 year. quotas are a joke.you earn vacation after your 2nd year.start accumulating 1st years.taking days off on holidays are write ups. not after 5 years, thats if senior techs quit.