Sears Softlines MCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Softlines MCA Interview Questions

Interviews at Sears

2.2

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview, I went in and the department team lead asked me about my availability and when I would be able to start. At this time she was already beginning my new hire paperwork

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview had three parts to it, HR, Dept Manager, Assistant Store Manager. The ASM makes the final call. I applied online, was called two days later, interviewed 3 days later, then offered a job! Took the drug test the same day off site. I do not remember how quickly I actually ended up working, but I think it was all less than two weeks process.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the jobs you have held.. what is the one thing that you regret?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Standard salary

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Was pretty straight forward. Had to go thought two different interviews. I do not see why. But they will hire you regardless of experience. For a position like MCA I dont see the necessity for two interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Basic interview really. It isn't difficult as it is an entry level job to a retail store. They basically go through 3 different interviews. You pass the 1st and move to the 2nd and so forth. The third interview is with your store manger. 1st and 2nd are HR and Area manager.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing real unexpected. Be able to talk about how you handle customers and how you may have had situations in the past that would apply to the job. It really isn't hard and they just want to know you will treat people respectfully and responsibly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Montclair, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and was giving an interview date. I had read that Sears can be kind of bad about their interviews, so to call beforehand to make sure all the details were correct. Sure enough, I called and spoke with the receptionist, and was told that I wasn't scheduled and they didn't have any of my application.
    I was still given an interview. Basic questions, what did I do before, what sort of pay, how would I handle certain situations, nothing big. I was told I had to have an interview with someone else, and to make an appointment.
    I did for a few days later, as I was leaving to go to the interview, I got a phone call telling me that they had to cancel because the manager was behind on his work. Rescheduled for the next day.
    Same type of interview as before. Had to interview again with the main boss, same type of questions, and he offered me the job.
    Had to go home and bring them back my social security card and bank information for direct deposit.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is angry what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I said I would like to have about $9.00 and was told the starting wage is $8.00.

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (West Jordan, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

I had to interview with two different people. The questions were not to difficult. When i got stuck on a question the interview person would help me answer the question.

Softlines MCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview

the interview its self was a simple process but it took a while to get through the computer based system to actually get in the store to do the interview due to my info getting hung up in the system which they said seemed to happen to about one in five people, but once i was the hr person and manager i interviewed with were quite friendly

Interview Questions

• they asked about a time i had to deal with a difficult situation with a customer or coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

There were other people waiting to be interview as well. interview was quick and almost rushed. There was no human resource person that works in the store.There were other people waiting to be interview as well. interview was quick and almost rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Bowie, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied for the job and didnt her back for an interview until about 3 months later. Very long personality quiz process.The interview was done in the back room in a make shift office. First interview b the MCA lead, then the store manager. All together it lasted for about an hour or so. Seemed more relaxed than other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an MCA?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a problem working with customers helping them find prices and merchandise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. Applied online and got a call. The interview questions were standard, most of them were about customer service. Depending on the position you want, they'll ask you what your availability is and what not if it's open, you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the last time you helped someone using technology?   Answer Question