Sears Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2016

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Management is given a behavioral based interview guide. All questions are "give me an example....., describe a situation where..... Most managers ask additional questions (traditional interview questions) but the bulk are behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have complete a project with limited resources. What did you do? What was the results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, onsite interview with Store manager where I was walked through his location, onsite with DM, then interview with Regional, it took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• three part questions, your past work experience how many employees have you managed, customer based questions what does customer satisfaction mean to you, analytical questions overall expenditures with running their unit with a sales volume of.......   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in January 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, but I suppose for good reason. They're committed to turnaround, so quality candidates are key. Interview process took just over a month. Recruiter, District HR, Market HR, Market leader, Regional. Very professional and everyone was timely.

Interviews were typical of GM interviews. They give you the opportunity to sell yourself as to why you'll run their store profitably. All in all, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult conversation with a fellow leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Company trying to cut costs, so they started very low (like most companies do). Was able to negotiate 15% higher salary and relocation costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Called for a phone interview with in a week after filling online application. General screening questions. Week after phone interview set up with a face to face interview with current store manager. Great conversation about daily duties and what to expect from the position. Following week was set up with interview with DM. More great conversation about my experience and the qualifications of the job. Then called for a interview at their corporate office with a "panel" round of interviews. There was no panel , just a regional vp who didn't seem to want to be there. Asked 3 questions,pre concerned about locations of my previous jobs than my experience.

Interview Questions

• Unbelievably asked if my store made any profit( Sears hasn't made a profit in 7 years!)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Waited forever, over 30 minutes past my appointment time, in a horrible looking environment and no one even said hello to me. All I listened to were the current employees complaining and cursing about their job or their Manager and really talking about how much they hated the store and the manager that was running the appliance department. All they kept saying was that she was useless and really dumb and lazy and should fired because she speaks to her people like they are pieces of garbage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ? Really ? What brings you to Sears ? Really ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very intense, first a phone interview they 2 more with DM. They explain they are looking for commited individual with the desire to grow with the company, process driven and self motivated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews...only 1 in person. Interview questions were not specific and some of the interviewers you could tell really didn't care...they were just trying to push you thru. The regional interview was the biggest joke. The district manager is not very bright. The district h.r. is incompetent.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management experience do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical low ball offer which i countered and then they countered back

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Englewood, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

It took several days for the manager in charge to even call me back for the interview -- I followed up with the manager and HR to schedule an interview and It took a week to get someone to respond with an update. When I finally I contact, it was one of three interviews. After offered the job, it took yet another 2 weeks to make the offer official. Really bad overall.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

No words to describe how horrible the process was. Thought I was interviewing for a convenience store clerk position

No interest after interview

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview

On a district manager level they typically look for people that look and act like themselves. Easily manipulated and follow blindly. Some of the HR district manager and HR regional managers are skillful and trying to do a good job. They are having a tough time selling the Sears Vision. Managers desperate for jobs will choice Sears and will leave once getting some experience and something better presents itself.

Interview Questions

• Multiple, Tell me about a time as a manager you ________ ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not Really much. They will let you know they tried, but its the best they can do.