Seaspan Marine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Seaspan Marine Interview Questions

Interviews at Seaspan Marine

3.2

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Marine (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Preliminary emails followed up by professional phone call and general screening, afterwards a telephone conference was set up with two of the managers. All of this was very professional and went well, lastly a face to face interview with the managers. Unfortunately the senior manager didn't have much time and it didn't allow for a comfortable interview as I had to catch a plane home.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a safety issue with unionized workers?   Answer Question

Junior Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Marine.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with the recruiter who was super friendly and professional. He asked a couple of questions such as why did you apply for this position and told me more details about the position and the company. The second interview was with the Controller and it was very professional and focused on my previous experiences, no-nonsense google questions.
    Overall the process was very professional and transparent, as a candidate, I felt very respected by the Company.

Financial Analyst, Marine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Marine (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Entire interview process took about 4 weeks. HR recruiter was very friendly and professional in following up and organizing interview times. First interview was done over the phone and was more of an introduction of the company and the role. A couple of behavioral questions were asked during the first phone interview including what made you interested in the position, and why you wanted to work for the company.

The second interview was done with a panel of 3 people including 1 person from HR, and 2 from Finance, and was a mix of behavioral questions combined with experience/skill related questions. 3rd interview was more informal than the 2nd interview, and was more behavioral and character based. Questions such as "Provide an example of a situation where you ..."

Overall interview experience was very friendly and non-stressful. People who are interviewing you are down to earth and are casual.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example where you had to handle a difficult situation and provide whether or not were you able to obtain the result you wanted?   Answer Question

Employee Rehabilitation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seaspan Marine (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Phone interview to determine if I was interested in the job. They recruited me from the part time job I was working at the time.

2. Interview with manager. Discus skill set fit.

3. Small panel. STAR style interview. Work history highs and lows. Skills and passions brought to employer.

Process took roughly 2 weeks. Pleasant and kind people.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with conflict and having to make tough decisions. Examples from past.   Answer Question

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seaspan Marine (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2019.

Interview

About as unprofessional as it goes. They have several downtown locations in North Vancouver and the recruiter condescendingly went into a tirade about knowing where the primary location of the site should be when that is not possible to know.

Interview Questions

• Do I know where the primary location is   1 Answer