Seattle Central Community College Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seattle Central Community College Adjunct Instructor Interview Questions

Interviews at Seattle Central Community College

1 Interview Review

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College in May 2014.

Interview

I've interviewed for a number of full and part-time teaching positions at a variety of colleges in past and had a good number of successes. With that said, this was one of the most lengthy and involved interviews I've ever had to teach one class as an adjunct. The person who arranged everything, along with the rest of the committee were very nice and they seemed like they would be great colleagues but having to deal with a committee with a long list of predetermined questions clearly generated from HR, and having to do a full blown teaching demo in a tiny room with four people to be hired for one class was total overkill. I've worked as an adjunct at several other places and never gone through so much. Then to be told they really, really loved me but I didn't get it. Please drop the long list of predetermined HR questions, they are absolutely terrible and are so formal and stilted (I only seem to run into them at Community Colleges.) Take a cue from the 4 year colleges and trust your faculty to be able to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• They weren't difficult, only awkwardly formal and packed with HR speak including the latest buzzwords.   1 Answer