Seattle Central Community College ESL Instructor (Tenure) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for ESL Instructor (Tenure)

Seattle Central Community College ESL Instructor (Tenure) Interview Questions

Interviews at Seattle Central Community College

1 Interview Review

ESL Instructor (Tenure) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

5 person panel. Applicant is handed a list of seven questions and given approx. 5 minutes to look them over before the interview begins. Panel asks the questions from the list, then applicant is allowed time to ask questions of the panel members. The panelists seemed as if they hadn't seen my resume prior to interviewing me. They also arrived 30 minutes late to the interview. The panelists seemed annoyed at some of the questions I asked them, particularly when I asked what their plan for integrating more technology into their courses looked like over the next five years. One of them answered that "having students use MS Word in class is a good use of technology." I didn't even know how to respond to that. It seems like SCC is lightyears behind some of the other area schools in terms of making technology a key component of their curricula, especially when it comes to ABE and ESL programs.

Interview Questions

• How is diversity incorporated into your approach to teaching?   1 Answer