Seattle Central Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seattle Central Community College

2.7

Admissions Assistant (Part-Time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to this position online through Seattle Colleges job website. I was called back within 2 weeks as there was a quick need to fill a position with part-time employees. I had 1 in-person 30 minute interview, and then was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to work in an international office?
      How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Part-time Faculty, SCIE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The former dean interviewed me. The interview was scheduled for an hour, but it lasted nearly two hours. Most of the interview was loose and conversational, and the dean was extremely informal. In terms of formality, there were several printed questions for me to answer. Mostly, I felt that the good impression I made was based on how well I read the interviewer and related to her, rather than how well I demonstrated my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• A typical ESL class at SCC includes students from a wide range of cultures, languages, and ethnicities. How do you effectively teach a group as diverse as this?   Answer Question
    • Our ESL classes range from literacy level to college preparation. What techniques and methodology would you use to address the needs of students at these various levels?   Answer Question
    • How do you address the needs of a multi-level clss?   Answer Question
    • How do you know that students are learning?   Answer Question
    • How do you build community in class?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator of the MESA Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Since I was living outside of the United States the director of the MESA Program worked with me to do a video interview through Skype and then after problems the interviewers worked with me to speak through Facetime.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have working with diverse student populations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in October 2018.

Interview

2 on-site interviews. The first interview was with HR, the Office Manager and the person who was formerly in the Admin. Asst. 3 role. The second interview was with the President's Executive Assistant and who would be the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, background and why you are interested in the position?
      Describe admin. experience related to: organizing exec. calendars, scheduling meetings, and maintaining confidential records.
      When required to learn new software/ procedure, how do you respond and learn?
      What is your experience coordinating travel?
      Do you have experience dealing with confidential information?
      What contributions do you feel you have made to create a positive working environment in your current or former job?
      Give examples of how you have dealt with a heavy workload and high demand?
      How do you overcome stress? What techniques do you use?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Central Community College (Seattle, WA) in September 2019.

Interview

Not too hard to handle the interview. A lot of questions were asked. I need to have working experiences to answer those questions. The interviewer was very nice.