Seattle Genetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Straight forward process, phone screen with HR rep, come in once or twice to meet with manager and peers. After all candidates interviewed, interview team meets to discuss candidates and offer opinions to hiring manager.

Senior QA Specialist Interview

Interview

Typical - telephone followed by in-person with a group of people. It was fairly typical until it got to the peers and supervisor of the hiring manager. It seemed they had their mind made up even before I walked in the door. Left with a feeling why did I travel all this way and spend the major part of a day for a position that I was not really being considered for.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, the questions were typical. Explain achievements, conflict resolution, and positive/negative experiences.   1 Answer

Manager, Portfolio, Program and Alliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Bothell, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I have had - and I have worked in management consulting. I was contacted by HR for phone screen. She asked me various situation based questions. I had questions regarding the position for which she replied that she is just a HR. She scheduled a 1:1 with hiring manager. During the discussion with hiring manager, it became clear that they are actually looking for a project manager with experience in later stages of drug development rather than a portfolio manager - which was fine as that is what the interviews are for. Anyhow, I dropped a note to the HR who had reached out to get the email id of the hiring manager to drop a thank you note as a courtesy - I never heard back. Well, they do need training in professional etiquette.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Bothell, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an interesting interview, however it was a bit overkill having to be interviewed by numerous people for a simple contract position. The people interviewing me were great but the interview process was too long. I lost some job opportunities as I waited for the interview process to move along. It is a mistake I won't be making twice.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions by some of the team members who interviewed me (they were five people in total). Position-specific question by only one member in the group (ex: How comfortable are you working with Photoshop?) The one question that stood out the most was: "Can you work well under stress?"   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenmore, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Kenmore, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a Seattle Genetics recruiter about the position and the phone interview with her was only a couple of basic questions. I received notification from her regarding an interview with the hiring manager who was a Senior VP- so it was a couple weeks out.
    The hiring manager called a day ahead of our scheduled time and caught me by surprise. She hadn't reviewed my resume and was reading it backwards and then told me it was "very confusing". She then told me why they didn't like their current employee and how they were "picky" and had to "explain things to her all the time". She probed why I thought I would be a good candidate, considering there were "a ton of other internal applicants waiting".
    Based on the feedback from the recruiter and the job description, I presented my experience and skill set. She disagreed with everything that was STATED IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION and completely contradicted what the recruiter told me she was looking for. She sarcastically said she "it was a real pleasure". I really couldn't wait to end the conversation. Obviously, I wasn't called for an in-person interview. I was very disappointed and it left a bad taste in my mouth for Seagen.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can do this job, since you have only been doing it for x yrs?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I applied on their website and after a week,on July 30 got an email from HR person to set up a phone interview with her. Had phone interview with her on 8/4/15 (behavioral and role related questions) Interview was about half an hour. After that had a phone interview with Accounting director on 8/7/15, followed by in-person meeting with her at Starbucks on 8/14. Then I was called for final round of half day onsite interview with 7 people on 8/25. Interview was good but I was informed on 09/04 that I was not selected for the role.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, Brief (30 min) phone call with HR recruiter, in person 2-3 hour interview followed by a full day interview where I gave a presentation and I met with multiple people in the department. The HR recruiter explained the job a differently from what the hiring manager described it- it was not a good fit

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics in April 2015.

Interview

Quick. First comes a screening question by email. Then we arranged a phone interview and in a week i got the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took place over the phone. For the first part of the interview, the interviewer told me about the position that was available. For the second part, the interviewer asked me questions about various relevant experiences on my resume. The interviewer then asked other more general interview questions. For the final part, the interviewer answered any questions I had about the company or the position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me various questions about my experiences at my current job (which was similar to the one I was interviewing for).   Answer Question

Data Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Genetics (Bothell, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I was promoted from a contracting role, so there was a minimal interview process. I have heard from others that the interview process is relaxed and usually is 1 on 1   1 Answer