Seattle Public Schools School Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seattle Public Schools

2.5

School Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

BEWARE!! DO NOT apply for ESA certificate, pay for FBI fingerprints, or register for ESA classes until you have a job offer in writing from HR!!

In the interview I was asked a series of questions by a panel of school nurses. I was told in the interview to apply for the ESA certificate and to do the FBI fingerprint screening ASAP. I got a call the following week with a voice mail stating "welcome to the team!" When I returned the call to accept the offer, I was told again to do the FBI fingerprint screening and apply for the ESA certificate ASAP! I followed these instructions and began the process immediately. When I went to the HR office to do my FBI fingerprints, I asked "Is this a good sign? The fact that I was able to schedule this appointment?" The HR lady was like, "What do you mean?!" I explained that I had not received an offer letter but was told by the nurse manager to do my FBI fingerprints and apply for the ESA certification ASAP. The HR lady told me that "they" are not supposed to have you do any of that until after an official job offer is made. She explained to me that the fees involved (about $600 = $68 for ESA cert + $529 for ESA classes + $46.25 for fingerprints) is NON REFUNDABLE!

I assured her that I had received an offer via a voice mail left by the assistant nurse manager and I was confident that I was being offered a job... The following week I received an e-mail stating that I was not selected for the position. When I inquired with the nurse manager, WHY? They told me that my references and application material "did not check out." On the voice mail with job offer she stated that "my references were great!"

Interview Questions

• How my previous work experience would relate to school nursing.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Seattle Public Schools

School Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Public Schools.

Interview

Upon arrival, you're given a list of questions to review and take notes before the interview begins. Anywhere from 3-5 nurses can be in the room, management, peers, other people in the health services dept. Each person takes a turn asking a Q and they write their answers. Very casual and friendly. Then you have an opportunity to ask Qs back at the end.

Interview Questions

• The school community is racial diverse, how does your past experience prepare you to work with people from all different backgrounds?   Answer Question