Second Cup Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

1.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got pretty early, but I showed up at Second Cup 9:50am.
The interview was arranged to 10am and it started at 10:15am ish.
The manager was really nice, straight foward and professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Second Cup

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Thornhill, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Went in person to drop off my resume. Got a call back quickly and promptly arranged for an interview. Very basic questions about my background such as education, work experience, future prospects... etc. Standard interview questions and questions about your enthusiasm for coffee. Very easy interview, just be on time and friendly. Interview attire is business casual.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tecumseh, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Tecumseh, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I sat down with owners, a husband and wife, and the atmosphere was super casual. They asked me how long I plan to be working with them, plans for the future, etc. They liked how I had Tim Hortons experience. There were no real direct interview questions, it was more of a conversation assessing my personality traits. Within a day or two, they offered me the job, and I began training within a few days.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

My interview lasted 6 minutes, including 5 minutes waiting for the manager to finish serving a client. The store manager only asked me two questions : "Do you have barista experience?" and "Can you be here tomorrow morning at 7?"

Interview Questions

• Two questions: "Do you have barista experience?" and "Can you be here tomorrow morning at 7?"   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Basic 1 on 1 interview about yourself and experience that you had and involvements. During regular store hours took about 20 minutes and was recruited right away with a starting shift when I was avaliable next

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Hired on the job simply due to location being understaffed, too much pressure exerted on employees to over-perform. Interview process was quick and concise, desperate for workers. I found that once I was employed, training process was pleasant for a very brief time and immediately transitioned into a very stressful and no work-life balancing by management.

Interview Questions

• What are your days of availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started off with 'tell me about yourself' and went on being asked on how would you deal with upset or difficult customers and what is great customer service. The questions were fairly easy to prepare. The whole interview was very friendly. They're primarily looking for outgoing personalities so be prepare to smile a lot and speak in an excited tone.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Second Cup in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the store, asked for the manager and dropped off my resume, they asked me about my availability and wrote it down on the back of my resume. Got called within a week for and interview

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Personal and intimate. Identified key areas where I would be an asset to the team and outlined the need the company had at the moment. There was no hidden elements in the process, everything was transparent. Did not leave me wondering how it went or waiting weeks for a response.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Former manager and her father sat me down and asked only two questions, How would you handle an issue with another coworker, and how would you handle an upset customer. in and out, all they cared about was my experience