Second Cup Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Second Cup Barista Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

1.8

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Thornhill, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Basic 1 on 1 interview about yourself and experience that you had and involvements. During regular store hours took about 20 minutes and was recruited right away with a starting shift when I was avaliable next

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Second Cup

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started off with 'tell me about yourself' and went on being asked on how would you deal with upset or difficult customers and what is great customer service. The questions were fairly easy to prepare. The whole interview was very friendly. They're primarily looking for outgoing personalities so be prepare to smile a lot and speak in an excited tone.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Second Cup in August 2016.

Interview

Went to the store, asked for the manager and dropped off my resume, they asked me about my availability and wrote it down on the back of my resume. Got called within a week for and interview

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Personal and intimate. Identified key areas where I would be an asset to the team and outlined the need the company had at the moment. There was no hidden elements in the process, everything was transparent. Did not leave me wondering how it went or waiting weeks for a response.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Former manager and her father sat me down and asked only two questions, How would you handle an issue with another coworker, and how would you handle an upset customer. in and out, all they cared about was my experience

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Second Cup (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a group interview. We were asked the same questions and each had to provide an answer in front of each other. It was odd. It felt very competitive.

Interview Questions

• If someone brought in a cup or product that was obviously not from our store or brand and the customer said they wanted to return it, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied in person. After a month I got a call from the manager and asked to come in the next dat. Very casual. Not a structural interview. Lasted for only 15 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. The owner seems to have a decent judgment for people's personalities. It seems like he looks for diversity and maybe a younger, more energetic crowd. I was offered a drink while I was waiting and wasn't asked too many questions. I think he just wanted a good idea of what I was like. I got hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a couple of strange questions like "what's your favourite dessert", which I was totally ok with.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

walked in, they were very nice as the greeted me upon arrival, asked how i was then started the interview. they asked me questions about my experience, why i want to work there and my availability.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup in June 2015.

Interview

I applied in person. I got a call to come in a certain day. When I came in I was seated and he just casually asked me questions like what degree I was pursuing and what grades I was getting. And then asked me my availability.