SecureWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

SOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about a week from initially submitting an application. Was scheduled a phone interview which I thought went great and was able to answer the question provided. The recruiter said he would get back in touch since the manager was out of the country on business. Waited a week so I sent an email inquiring about the position with no answer. Waited another week and sent multiple responses with still no answer. Very unprofessional and if I was no longer being considered the decent thing to do would be to at least send an email stating I was no longer being considered.

Network Security Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SecureWorks in January 2017.

Interview

It was very formal. I applied through online and got HR call in one week then she scheduled technical interview. Technical interview was very straightforward. he told me some behavior questions and then Linux and networking questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions and technical questions
      Linux commands
      Answer Question

Python Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Remote, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, for a senior position, but even when the position was announced as Python Developer, with some C++, they were clearly looking the other way around. Most of the interview went around low level C/C++, databases, libevent and async development, high performance strategies, etc. No questions on Python, or security (they are a systems security company!).

When I asked about the day to day, and the freedom to re-design / change things, the answers were vague. Their CI/CD strategy seems vague, and they could not make clear the difference between a security analyst, a consultant and a developer position within the company.

Got an offer from them, but I declined it, I was not looking to be a code monkey in a big company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about I/O multiplexing patterns.   Answer Question
    • Could you enumerate differences between Redis, MongoDB and ElasticSearch?   Answer Question
    • Could you provide one or more POSIX system calls used for async programming, and their API interface?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a client/server communications protocol? what kind of questions would you do before designing? What would you take in mind while you are designing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got an offer from them, but declined it. They asked for anything could make me change my mind, I just let them know it was about attitude from them, and the interview telling me they were not clear about what they were looking for. No further negotiation, of course.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SecureWorks in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR in the next three days. Codility coding test. Phone screen with hiring manager followed by interviews with sr. Engineers and hiring manager onsite. Interview involves coding and conceptual knowledge tests. Evaluates personality as well. Process took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, Database queries, general Test cases, previous work experience related project architecture, Java & JavaScript code snippets to solve in interviews.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SecureWorks in May 2016.

Interview

I only did 2 interviews with Secureworks, which was a phone interview with the recruiter and another phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter did most of the talking in my 1st interview. She asked routine questions about salary, availability, etc. Nothing really difficult. My 2nd interview was with the hiring manager and one of his peers. They asked me a lot of project mgmt situational questions, regarding projects that didnt go well to evaluate how I handle conflict. They asked me what my future career goals were, what motivates me, what type of leadership qualities I have, how do I manage working with remote teams, to describe my previous positions, etc. The interview lasted about an hour, so I can't remember everything, but my best advice would be to prepare about 10 STAR (situation, task, action, result) statements. This will help you tremendously in answering situational questions. Also, prepare a narrative to succinctly run down what you did in your previous jobs. Make sure that the narrative highlights your transferrable skills and doesn't contain too much technical jargon, especially if you're transitioning into a different industry. They will also ask you what attracted you to Secureworks, so make sure you know something about the company and use this as another opportunity to talk about your transferrable skills that you bring to the table. Also, prepare a powerful statement about why they should hire you. That statement should highlight your core competenicies (i.e., client mgmt, customer service, negotiation skills, etc.). Nevertheless, my interviewers were prompt, professional and made me feel comfortable during the interview. I interviewed on a Monday and was offered the position the following Wed. Very quick process! The drug screening and background check process was also quick. Everything was automated and efficient, which is what one expects from a major technology company like Dell.

Interview Questions

• To learn about Dell's awesome benefits package, visit wellatdellbenefits.com. I hope you find this review helpful. Good luck on your interviews!   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was what I wanted so I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SecureWorks in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I was their last interview. It only took one interview, over the phone, to land this internship. It was a fun conversation, though. We spoke for almost an hour about the company and my role, so I basically knew that I landed the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position, what is your experience, how do you describe yourself, etc. pretty typical   Answer Question

SOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Oh wow, where do I begin? First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

I have to admit, it was a bit intense. The environment was a bit intimidating in that the interviewers are all staring at you with dim light above. If it wasn't for my humor to have some control to the interview, I would've been very nervous. Then again, the position itself is intense and I felt the interview was to test your personality for the position.

Interview Questions

• The screenings: port numbers, TCP handshake, IDS/IPS difference, basic Linux commands

Actual interview: A bit overlap + SQL/XSS processes, phishing example. They also handed me handouts of Wireshark and IDS outputs and asked me to explain what was going on. Most of them were breaches, so be familiar.
      Answer Question

Security Systems Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview went well but beware, after you accept your offer there is a good chance they will not honor their part of the deal. After accepting my offer they waited until I exited my old company to tell me the position is no longer available. Very shady company.

Interview Questions

• Very little technical questions, probably because they do not know themselves.   2 Answers

Demand Generation Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I they called me, felt me out asked some probing questions and just tried to figure out if you will be a good fit. From what I understand its a job with a lot of rejections so you have to be tough enough to deal with it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Secureworks?   1 Answer

Software Engineer/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I think the first part of the interview where they asked me about my past projects and stuff turned out really good. But I stumbled a bit with the technical interview. The interviewer was very kind and easy-going and made the interview process very comfortable for me. They weren't as concerned about my technical skills. I think I got the offer because of my past projects and general personality and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about basic java concepts and then there were some HTML and Linux command questions.   Answer Question