SecureWorks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SecureWorks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.9

Interview

What a great experience. The process was a little long but it's good to see that they are thorough.

I applied through Flexjobs. I was contacted 2 weeks later by an internal Dell recruiter. He set up the screening interview for the next morning. We chatted the next day and he asked me several screening questions. Mostly "why did you leave you last position" type questions and general networking questions like "describe the TCP handshake" type questions. He submitted me to the hiring manager and the next day called me back to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.

The next week I interviewed with the hiring manager. The manager asked me several questions about my past experience. Withing 30 minutes of our call the recruiter called me to schedule a 3rd interview. This one would be a technical interview.

The 3rd interview was the next week. It was with 2 members of the team I would be working with. They asked the serious technical questions. Very specific questions like "how do you save the config on a cisco ASA firewall" and more questions like that. Very detailed. The interview went really well. I heard from the recruiter the next day and he said he was still waiting for word. Several days went by and I didn't hear anything.

Finally a week later the recruiter called again and said the manager wanted a final interview with the management team. That interview was scheduled a week later. The managers all took turns asking me technical questions, behavioral questions, personality type questions, scenarios, etc. I finally got the offer a week later.

The entire process took well over a month. Closer to 2 months. The recruiter Chris was amazing. He really went to bat for me to make sure I was put into the right job for my skills. He was also great about following up and keeping me in the loop. I can't say enough about him.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Drawn out, straight forward - enjoyed the opportunity and would have loved to continue working with the interviewing manager, but high turnover affected the ability to work with the group of workers that made secureworks so special "back in the day"

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SecureWorks in June 2017.

Interview

First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

Interview Questions

• Networking, linux and network security questions   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview the following week. The interview went well, asking all the basic questions. The Recruiting Manager seemed to have an "upfront" style and she laid out a timeline for me on when I would get feedback, when they needed this person to start, etc.

She turned out to be like all the other recruiters out there. Missed her promised time frame by a week so I reached out myself and got the usual, "I've been out of the office, no feedback, etc," and she would get that feedback right away. 2 weeks later, still nothing so I reach out again and same thing, it's the managers fault, she's out of the office, blah, blah, blah and she'll get something for me right away. That was now a week ago.

Even if she comes back (because I'm not reaching out again,) wanting to move forward, I will not be pursuing this opportunity. Even if it is the managers' fault for not providing feedback, it is the recruiters job to at least reach out and say she doesn't have anything yet. I have no interest in working in this type of environment or with these type of people

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a hiring manager   Answer Question

SOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about a week from initially submitting an application. Was scheduled a phone interview which I thought went great and was able to answer the question provided. The recruiter said he would get back in touch since the manager was out of the country on business. Waited a week so I sent an email inquiring about the position with no answer. Waited another week and sent multiple responses with still no answer. Very unprofessional and if I was no longer being considered the decent thing to do would be to at least send an email stating I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• They will ask basic Linux commands and port numbers   1 Answer

Network Security Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SecureWorks in January 2017.

Interview

It was very formal. I applied through online and got HR call in one week then she scheduled technical interview. Technical interview was very straightforward. he told me some behavior questions and then Linux and networking questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions and technical questions
      Linux commands   Answer Question

Python Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SecureWorks (Remote, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, for a senior position, but even when the position was announced as Python Developer, with some C++, they were clearly looking the other way around. Most of the interview went around low level C/C++, databases, libevent and async development, high performance strategies, etc. No questions on Python, or security (they are a systems security company!).

When I asked about the day to day, and the freedom to re-design / change things, the answers were vague. Their CI/CD strategy seems vague, and they could not make clear the difference between a security analyst, a consultant and a developer position within the company.

Got an offer from them, but I declined it, I was not looking to be a code monkey in a big company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about I/O multiplexing patterns.   Answer Question
    • Could you enumerate differences between Redis, MongoDB and ElasticSearch?   Answer Question
    • Could you provide one or more POSIX system calls used for async programming, and their API interface?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a client/server communications protocol? what kind of questions would you do before designing? What would you take in mind while you are designing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got an offer from them, but declined it. They asked for anything could make me change my mind, I just let them know it was about attitude from them, and the interview telling me they were not clear about what they were looking for. No further negotiation, of course.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SecureWorks in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR in the next three days. Codility coding test. Phone screen with hiring manager followed by interviews with sr. Engineers and hiring manager onsite. Interview involves coding and conceptual knowledge tests. Evaluates personality as well. Process took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, Database queries, general Test cases, previous work experience related project architecture, Java & JavaScript code snippets to solve in interviews.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SecureWorks in May 2016.

Interview

I only did 2 interviews with Secureworks, which was a phone interview with the recruiter and another phone interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter did most of the talking in my 1st interview. She asked routine questions about salary, availability, etc. Nothing really difficult. My 2nd interview was with the hiring manager and one of his peers. They asked me a lot of project mgmt situational questions, regarding projects that didnt go well to evaluate how I handle conflict. They asked me what my future career goals were, what motivates me, what type of leadership qualities I have, how do I manage working with remote teams, to describe my previous positions, etc. The interview lasted about an hour, so I can't remember everything, but my best advice would be to prepare about 10 STAR (situation, task, action, result) statements. This will help you tremendously in answering situational questions. Also, prepare a narrative to succinctly run down what you did in your previous jobs. Make sure that the narrative highlights your transferrable skills and doesn't contain too much technical jargon, especially if you're transitioning into a different industry. They will also ask you what attracted you to Secureworks, so make sure you know something about the company and use this as another opportunity to talk about your transferrable skills that you bring to the table. Also, prepare a powerful statement about why they should hire you. That statement should highlight your core competenicies (i.e., client mgmt, customer service, negotiation skills, etc.). Nevertheless, my interviewers were prompt, professional and made me feel comfortable during the interview. I interviewed on a Monday and was offered the position the following Wed. Very quick process! The drug screening and background check process was also quick. Everything was automated and efficient, which is what one expects from a major technology company like Dell.

Interview Questions

• To learn about Dell's awesome benefits package, visit wellatdellbenefits.com. I hope you find this review helpful. Good luck on your interviews!   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was what I wanted so I didn't negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SecureWorks in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I was their last interview. It only took one interview, over the phone, to land this internship. It was a fun conversation, though. We spoke for almost an hour about the company and my role, so I basically knew that I landed the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position, what is your experience, how do you describe yourself, etc. pretty typical   Answer Question