Secureworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Secureworks

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me based on an online profile. I came in for an interview. When I arrived I was quickly whisked into a conference room for a rolling panel type of interview. Most of the interviewers seemed very unprepared and had not read my resume previous to entering the conference room. Many of them did not know the position I was being interviewed for and one even had a print out of C code that he wanted me to read and determine what it did. When I informed him of the position I was applying for he still insisted that I read his code that was incomplete. After about 6 rounds of interviews the HR lady appeared and walked me out. I entered the building in the front but the HR lady directed me to a door at the back of the building near the dumpsters and I had to walk quite a distance around the building back to my car. Ah yes out with the trash. The ultimate "don't call us we probably won't call you"

Interview Questions

• Read this obscure C code and tell me what it does even though it's not complete.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Multi-faceted interviews following the sales cycles. From phone screening to sales presentations Secureworks was looking for a Sales Engineer that would be able to bring value day one. I learned a lot about Secureworks through this process

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Secureworks for potential employment?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a sales manager and a sales engineer. We went through a sales role play scenario. I also met with another sales manager and our interview consisted of going through my resume and Q&A about my previous roles. At the next interview, I met with the CEO for a final blessing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a role play with the hiring manager and we went through a sales negotiation.   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on Linkedin. Recruiter didn't mention the whole process. After the interview, he called me and told me "I will get back to you with other details". But he never did.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied through my College. Got a call next day for the 1st round of interview. After the 1st round of interview, was told to wait for their email for the second round process. After 3 weeks got a mail that a executive will contact me and schedule my second round of interview. After 1 week, got a mail stating that their hiring budget is full for the summer internship and they will not be processing my application further ahead. Overall, I found out the hiring process to be unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• It was basically related to the job descriptions above with some code review questions   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in June 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the manager of the team I was going to work for. The interviewer was very straight forward which made me comfortable while interviewing. Was a very quick process to hear back from them with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic networking problems related to OSI model. Also some basic get to know you questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR in the next three days. Codility coding test. Phone screen with hiring manager followed by interviews with sr. Engineers and hiring manager onsite. Interview involves coding and conceptual knowledge tests. Evaluates personality as well. Process took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, Database queries, general Test cases, previous work experience related project architecture, Java & JavaScript code snippets to solve in interviews.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secureworks in September 2016.

Interview

They have changed the recent process.
    Its a phone screen with basic technical knowledge->followed by interviews with various managers->followed by a test (virtual screen share test-technical)->followed by a group conference call.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I responded to an online listing, and HR contacted me within 2 days to set up a phone call with the hiring manager. Following the successful phone call, I had only a 2 hour interview with senior stakeholders in the organization with whom I would be interacting. Offer arrived just a few days later. Very efficient and pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager started by asking me if I had questions based on the job description. I liked the approach but it threw me off for a second.   Answer Question

Security Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter, they sent me a few job descriptions based on the resume I sent out. I then had a pre-interview screening phone call with said recruiter. Next was an interview with a security consultant and security adviser in which I was asked about 45 minutes worth of basic network questions

Interview Questions

• A lot of the stuff was basic, tcp vs udp, what is an ACL, explain arp, etc   Answer Question