Secureworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Secureworks

2.8

Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was more conversational than technical. Got the feeling the folks doing the interviewing had no idea what they were doing and were just looking for warm bodies to place into client sites as staff augmentation disguised as consulting.

Interview Questions

• You will be interviewed directly by each client and must pass that interview in order to get the job. Know your ports, know your kill chain, and know how to white board incident response.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in January 2013.

Interview

phone interview one hr all technical questions, 2nd interview was onsite and went on for an hr..more technical questions and some behavioral as well. after a week I sent them an email for feedback and they answered same day saying they decided not to move me forward but will keep my resume on file blah blah blah. Im pretty sure they didn't proceed was that I would be working with a relative on same shift.

Interview Questions

• 3 diagrams were drawn on whiteboard and you had to troubleshoot network issues. make sure you know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in September 2012.

Interview

After my initial resume submission, I was contacted by a recruiter a month later. I was offered an interview, which I accepted. The interview itself was pretty painless as I feel somewhat overqualified for the position. I then had my drug screen for the background check. After this passed, I was told that I would be going to HQ for training. I was told it would only be two days, but at the last minute was told it was a week long. I respectfully advised that this would not be doable, and I was accommodated.

Interview Questions

• Why would du and df show different free space on a filesystem?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secureworks in June 2017.

Interview

First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

Interview Questions

• Networking, linux and network security questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. Both a panel of Three. Length of interview was one and a half hours. Technical screening and questions to place on both interviews. First over the phone and second in person. Each interview consisted of three different people both times, never a repeat of people.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and basic. If you are in security and understand the basic fundamentals of networking and applications/services you will do just fine.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with a few team members and shown around the office. They were willing to let me learn how to do much of what they do on the job, which was good because my future position was always kind of nebulous... I wasn't exactly sure what I would be doing, other than that it would involve writing code some of the time. Everyone was nice, and interview went pretty well for me. My biggest issues were that the people in the office all seemed a little bored of their job, and they failed to either show or promote any kind of excitement. However, they all did seem to feel like they worked with good people - I did not get a sense the that office was filled with idiots at all. I was lucky to have other job offers on the table, and was able to be selective in my decision.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a month after my application. He asked to chat regarding the job. I wasn't available at the time so I proposed a few time slots. Then I got a rejection email. Real professionals :)

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Secureworks in May 2017.

Interview

The first round is an initial phone screen where the interviewer (technical hr) introduced the company and position. Post that asked for your introductions, backgrounds and experience details. Just the usual stuff. Once that is done. They do a quick rapid fire on basics of security/linux/system administration asking about standard ports, difference between virus, malware, trojan etc and some web application security basics.

That went pretty smooth and I was scheduled for 2nd round which was a Video Conference. This was a technical screen. The second round screen, the interviewer asked similar questions but more. They were again basics. Topics covered:

2. OWASP Top 10 - Usual Buffer Overflow, XSS, SQLi, causes and remediations
    3. IDS/IPS systems - Concepts
    4. Security Risk Management Concepts
    5. OSI Stack - Protocols, Ports, Vulnerabilities in different layers of OSI Model protocols.
    6. Basics of Cryptography

The interview was fairly okay however, the interviewer was writing every answer of mine. It never felt like an interview but an exam as the interviewer just asked questions and literally wrote my answers for their notes which stretched it to more than 2 hours, what could have been finished in an hour. There was no opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer about the job, roles and responsibilities in detail. Why, because the were conducting a viva-voce exam and not interview. I would've rather given an exam in a locked down environment over hackerrank or similar portal, if that was their intention. It will result in more automated and faster screening.

I don't usually post reviews but the reason I'm posting this is because of the communication issues from SecureWorks and the HRs.

The interviewer (2nd round) said and I quote, "I like the way you're giving answers in details" at the end. This was in reference to linux commands where the interviewer expected only command but I also provided some flags and what they do with each command, the technical details of cryptography with mathematical functions and some other parts of interview.

The interview went well, nice and smooth and I definitely answered most if not all the questions correctly.

At the end, I was informed that they'll reach out within 2 days but they never replied. They totally ghosted. There were no reply even to any of the follow up mail as well. That was completely unprofessional. I feel that candidates who do not get a reply or get automated replies after applying online for rejections are far better off than situations like this, where you get a mail on LinkedIn, follow up over mails with technical recruiters, set up an interview which is unnecessarily stretched for hours and then never hear back.

I'm not pin pointing anyone here and definitely not intending to bad mouth a company for actions of few individuals BUT they need fix their processes and be professional enough to at least reply back.

Interview Questions

• 1. Linux System Administration, Hardening and Monitoring - Which command is used to do what
      2. OWASP Top 10 - Usual Buffer Overflow, XSS, SQLi, causes and remediations
      3. IDS/IPS systems - Concepts
      4. Security Risk Management Concepts
      6. Basics of Cryptography   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Secureworks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at the career fail. Shortlisted for interviewing next day. Interviewers were friendly. The questions were basic and from the textbook but never heard back from the employers. Although I believe the interview went well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Following phone interview, I interviewed one on one with 3 co-workers to be and the manager. It took about 3.5 hours. Most of the co-workers were not knowledgeable in my skill set.

Interview Questions

• general experience questions   1 Answer