Secureworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Secureworks

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was called about a Product Manager opportunity. During the initial phone screen, the HR people didn't know what the role was for or how it would fit in the organization. The only thing clear was the hiring manager. After a 45 minute conversation, I was told I would hear within a day or 2. After 1 week I followed up with HR and received no reply. After 2 weeks I tried again and was told I would hear by the end of the day. After 6 weeks I received a generic rejection letter. Just as well, if this is the way SecureWorks treats people, I don't won't to work there.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

Typical process, phone vetting, followed by in-depth telephone interview, in person meeting, then interviews at HQ with key team members. Throughout the process their recruiter kept in touch as well as the hiring manager, briefing me on the next steps and providing background. They were very receptive to my requests for information about the company, position, and my role if hired.

Interview Questions

• Topical questions related to the product area I was being recruited for.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was at best confusing, convoluted and one sided. I went through phone interviews with five key SecureWorks employees that I would be working with if offered the job. Each phone interview was about 30 minutes scheduled in back-to-back sessions over two days. It felt a bit like speed dating.... I really did not have the opportunity to ask a number of questions that I had prepared.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve problem of inconsistent messaging for marketing/sales group?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Short and succinct interview process consisting of a standard phone screen by an HR rep. This was followed by a group interview with 3 managers before being offered a position. Overall the process was straight forward and fairly seamless.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Positive interview process from submitting resume, phone screen and interview process. I also had a peer group interview that was informative and allowed me to get to know the team and ask questions. Manager interview went well also.

Interview Questions

• Experience and why I think I would be good in the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

Position open to current employees and external applicants. I was interviewed by current manager and practice leader. Then, conducted a presentation to a large group. Questioning in the presentation was highly technical.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were primarily about management styles and techniques.   Answer Question

Information Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with manager, Onsite Interview with manager and a group panel (separate), Phone Interview with manager, then a call back a few days later with an offer - hired. Simple process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about background, what you know about the industry, what you know about information security, what you know about SecureWorks, what you know about where information security is going / its importance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Oh wow, where do I begin? First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

I have to admit, it was a bit intense. The environment was a bit intimidating in that the interviewers are all staring at you with dim light above. If it wasn't for my humor to have some control to the interview, I would've been very nervous. Then again, the position itself is intense and I felt the interview was to test your personality for the position.

Interview Questions

• The screenings: port numbers, TCP handshake, IDS/IPS difference, basic Linux commands

Actual interview: A bit overlap + SQL/XSS processes, phishing example. They also handed me handouts of Wireshark and IDS outputs and asked me to explain what was going on. Most of them were breaches, so be familiar.   1 Answer

SOC Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked questions on topics such as subnetting, ports, types of malware etc.
    Lasted for about 40 minutes.

three rounds

phone interview round then 2 on site rounds at the location of your choosing

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy to speak with HR and hiring manger. Questions very very straight forward and thought provoking. I would recommend this job to a friend. I hope this is 30 words.