Secureworks SOC Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Secureworks SOC Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Secureworks

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Lisle, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Oh wow, where do I begin? First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

I have to admit, it was a bit intense. The environment was a bit intimidating in that the interviewers are all staring at you with dim light above. If it wasn't for my humor to have some control to the interview, I would've been very nervous. Then again, the position itself is intense and I felt the interview was to test your personality for the position.

Interview Questions

• The screenings: port numbers, TCP handshake, IDS/IPS difference, basic Linux commands

Actual interview: A bit overlap + SQL/XSS processes, phishing example. They also handed me handouts of Wireshark and IDS outputs and asked me to explain what was going on. Most of them were breaches, so be familiar.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Secureworks

SOC Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked questions on topics such as subnetting, ports, types of malware etc.
    Lasted for about 40 minutes.

three rounds

phone interview round then 2 on site rounds at the location of your choosing

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy to speak with HR and hiring manger. Questions very very straight forward and thought provoking. I would recommend this job to a friend. I hope this is 30 words.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process took about a week from initially submitting an application. Was scheduled a phone interview which I thought went great and was able to answer the question provided. The recruiter said he would get back in touch since the manager was out of the country on business. Waited a week so I sent an email inquiring about the position with no answer. Waited another week and sent multiple responses with still no answer. Very unprofessional and if I was no longer being considered the decent thing to do would be to at least send an email stating I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• They will ask basic Linux commands and port numbers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

You apply online then one of the many recruiters will contact you if your profile is suited via phone, they will ask basic questions and then they will ask technical and behavioural questions and if you clear that you will have an onsite interview with same but high level of questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? SECURITY - FIREWALLS.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was in person with 4 other people. They talked about your resume, why you want to leave, and asked basic security questions. I accepted the offer. 30 word minimum. word word word

SOC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks in September 2017.

Interview

Easy.
    Round 1 : Phone screening with Technical Recruitor
    Round2 : Lengthy but basics with Senior SOC analyst. Questions from Networking, Linux commands, OWASP top 10, security definitions and scenario based questions
    Round 3: HR

Interview Questions

• Technical interviewer showed me a set reports/scripts and asked to figure out what type of findings/alerts we are seeing.!   Answer Question