Secureworks Security Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Secureworks Security Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Secureworks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in January 2013.

Interview

phone interview one hr all technical questions, 2nd interview was onsite and went on for an hr..more technical questions and some behavioral as well. after a week I sent them an email for feedback and they answered same day saying they decided not to move me forward but will keep my resume on file blah blah blah. Im pretty sure they didn't proceed was that I would be working with a relative on same shift.

Interview Questions

• 3 diagrams were drawn on whiteboard and you had to troubleshoot network issues. make sure you know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Secureworks

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Providence, RI) in September 2012.

Interview

After my initial resume submission, I was contacted by a recruiter a month later. I was offered an interview, which I accepted. The interview itself was pretty painless as I feel somewhat overqualified for the position. I then had my drug screen for the background check. After this passed, I was told that I would be going to HQ for training. I was told it would only be two days, but at the last minute was told it was a week long. I respectfully advised that this would not be doable, and I was accommodated.

Interview Questions

• Why would du and df show different free space on a filesystem?   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secureworks in June 2017.

Interview

First, through a recruiter, phone interview (screening). Then another a phone interview with an HR person there very similar to the screening. In both interviews your basic knowledge is tested in Networking, Security and Linux. I finally had an official interview with the folks there.

Interview Questions

• Networking, linux and network security questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. Both a panel of Three. Length of interview was one and a half hours. Technical screening and questions to place on both interviews. First over the phone and second in person. Each interview consisted of three different people both times, never a repeat of people.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and basic. If you are in security and understand the basic fundamentals of networking and applications/services you will do just fine.   1 Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secureworks in May 2010.

Interview

This company values competent, intelligent, and reliable employees and it shows in the interview process. There are 2 technical interview followed by the in person interview session. The in person interview is usually with some of the team members in addition to the manager. You should be prepared for more a technical and a social interviews as work life balance is important. The job application process includes an intelligence test so be prepared for the usual personality test and SAT/GRE type math and verbal questions. In the interview itself, you should give detailed answers showing your knowledge on the topic.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail the TCP Handshake.   Answer Question
    • Given several open ports, which one would be more like to have an undetected security issue and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary, Shift Schedule, Lunch are negotiable. Relocation Assistance is not negotiable. My advice is to just ask.