Secureworks Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Create your profile to get personalized information

Secureworks Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Secureworks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks.

Interview

I was referred by a current intern. Interviewed within a couple of days. The interview consisted of 15-30 minutes of behavioral questions, followed by 30-45 minutes technical questions. I think a referral goes a long way for this one. I received the acceptance letter a few days later.

The behavioral interview was more like a conversation between myself and the recruiter. I guess he wanted to make sure I wasn't a socially inept robot and could articulate my thoughts.
The technical question was in front of the recruiter, one of the team manager, and one of the team leaders. The interview was given by the team leader that I would later work at.

Interview Questions

• There were nothing extremely difficult. They asked basic Java concepts (because I told them that was my most experience language). There were a few basic algorithm problems as well, such as sorts, and a database question that involved being given a scenario and was asked to design a database schema accordingly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Secureworks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

After an initial 30min phone screen, I was invited to a 4-5 hour long interview, consisting of 5 one on one sessions, each lasting around 45 to 60 minutes. Questions touched areas of previous work experience, "social" things ("what are your hobbies"), as well as deeper technical knowledge. I was also given two "problem solving skills" questions.

Overall, it appears they do expect good technical background.
    On the negative side, no one offered a drink, not even water during the whole 4 hour+ sessions. More importantly, I was supposed to receive an answer from HR within a few days, but never did. Even after more than two months and after contacting them a few times via email and phone, no final word from SecureWorks.
    This leads me to believe that they interview for positions that do not actually exist, just to find good candidates to add to their database for later.

Interview Questions

• What is the commandline parameter of X to do Y?
      (Where X is a common Linux commandline tool, and Y an action that you could "normally" quickly look up in a man-page)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks in June 2019.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple technical phone screens, a take-home coding assignment, a phone screen to review the assignment, and a day on site to meet the team. I received positive feedback up until the on-site.

The on-site interviews seemed like a culture-fit test, non-technical, with no coding or whiteboarding. We did some groups interviews, some one-on-ones, and a team lunch. I thought I got along well with everyone, and I enjoyed learning about their backgrounds and what projects they were working on.

The assessment I received after that was that I "did not demonstrate enough technical depth" at the on-site. Given the content of the on-site interviews, that seems dishonest, but so it goes.

Interview Questions

• The NDA I signed likely prohibits discussing the interview questions.   Answer Question