Securitas Security Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Supervisor/Security Officer/Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas (Detroit, MI).

Interview

What a cluster! I applied for a Security Supervisor position and was called to interview for a Security Officer position. When I got there they were looking for somebody to do Data Entry. It didn't seem the right hand new what the left hand was doing.

Interviewed by an Ex Marine who after asking what I was looking for in a salary as a Supervisor and I replied with 40k told me that's what he made and he had supervisors earning $9.00 an hour. Hell, I can go be a Walmart greeter and make that with far less headaches.

Got a call from them later offering $9.00 hr as a Security Officer for Detroit Public Schools. Took everything I could do not to laugh out loud. I have 7 years US Army Military Police and 25 years Michigan Department of Corrections experience. This place cares nothing about it's employees by the sound of it.

Interview Questions

Better pay doing almost anything else.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Securitas (Burbank, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty much standard for hiring security for high profile locations requiring more than the standard security needs. There was an emphasis on the need for discretion in dealing with celebrities and entertainment VIPs.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you to be a supervisor?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Securitas in October 2013.

Interview

They were extremely professional and listened to my wants and needs. Constant contact and courses to help me increase my knowledge. They were very open to my suggestions and worked with me as opposed to making me feel like I was working for them.... management is extremely professional and made me feel important

Interview Questions

• Previous experience checked my knowledge/ base and the type of person I am. They wanted to know what was my feelings on former employees and how I got along with others. Wanted to know about my supervisory capabilities and if I was comfortable giving direction and training to others   1 Answer

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview was short. Consisted of a meeting with the HR Generalist who asked standard questions such as "Tell me a time you have handled a difficult person/client/co-worker", "Are you comfortable working alone overnight" and "Why do you want to join Securitas?". They will also ask if you are presently licensed as a security guard and ask to make a photocopy. If you get the job you will be asked to sign for a background check and an appointment will be made for "basic" training. It is 1 day if you are licensed and 5 days if you are not.

In my situation they tried to offer me a lower paying officer position until I pushed that I had applied and had experience as a supervisor. I had a short meeting with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have handled a difficult person/client/co-worker"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, rates are mostly non-negotiable and depend on client site and position. If they aren't offering you the position you want it's better to walk away or you will be stuck working for less.