Securitas Security Services USA Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Securitas Security Services USA Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.9

239 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Called in to do an interview when I arrived I had to fill out a form or an "Activity Log". It had a scenario of how I would log my daily activities on the job and whatI observed. After that I was called in for an interview.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to do an in-person interview at the branch office. I then went to the interview and was given a job offer as soon as it was done.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a wallet lying on the ground with cash sticking out of it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

they briefly ask simple expect questions like, what makes you interested in becoming a security officer. they ask you basic scenario questions where you basically give a personal answer on how you would react to a situation but they are looking for you to incorporate what you learn in your 8 and 16 hour classes so just remember the basics such as detect, deter, observe, report,.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully dealt with an angry member of the public not with physical force, but with only your words.   Answer Question
    • If you found out a fellow security guard was accessing information he shouldn't be, but in your opinion it was important information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not necessarily an interview...Basically you go into the building to fill out your paper work, then in a week or so you come back and participate in a class where you are quizzed and have to take a test covering security information, that, technically is your interview..because if you fail <70% you are denied employment until you re-take the test and pass

Interview Questions

• You are patrolling a store when someone steals something and runs out the door with the items into a thick wooded area, do you chase after them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Securitas had a unified hiring process for engineering. Candidates interviewed for Engineering, not for any particular team. Engineers in the interviewing pool were randomly assigned to candidates -- both for phone screens and on-sites. This approach was designed to establish a consistent hiring bar and optimize allocation of resources, but I found that it made interviewing somewhat impersonal and demotivated interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Liverpool, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Excellent phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly, was very forthcoming with employment information. The interview addressed the present company needs and discussed the future need for employments. I look forward to a future position.

Interview Questions

• My needs, goals and salary.   1 Answer

I look forward to a future opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Very easy interview. Short and to the point. Ask about the reasons as to why you want to work security and your previous work history. Gave you a sheet with some scenario questions as to what you would do if this or that happened. Then signing the forms and doing their drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online, received a call the next day. The interview is very easy. If you're nervous, don't be. It's not about the interview, it's about you passing a background check, testing negative on a drug test and the ability to get a guard card. While I waited to interview, they had me fill out an incident report.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working in security?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They sit you down. Then when they call you back they ask a series of questions. If they like you and offer you a position they ask you to fill out a lot of paper work. Then they drug test you right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Maryland Heights, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

She basically ascertained that I could compose complete sentances (or so I would have assumed, although it appears many others incapable of such were sent to orientation as well). She then told me what position was available.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with your minimum required salary?   1 Answer