Securitas Security Services USA Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Securitas Security Services USA Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

1.8

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job( the application has some tricky questions. A day later I got a call. A day after that I had my interview. It is important to show up 15 minutes early, in order to fill out some paper work. You will have to fill out an incident report that has a scenario written at the top. It was very simple. The interview itself was great! Very easy going and straightforward questions. If this field is your passion I feel like it is easy to get in the door. Honesty is key. They decided to hire me on the spot, so I took a mouth swab right then and there(so be prepared, as you always should be anyway). After filling out more paperwork, I received information and a date for my orientation. I will have to wait 5 days minimum for the orientation day, due to the fact that they need to process my background check. This was one of the best and smoothest interviews I have ever had.
Just a note: If you have any certifications you should bring copies along with you. As well as a copy of transcripts or GED/Diploma. This will help the process along a bit quicker, or if you are like me you can bring them in at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Securitas?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Securitas Security Services USA

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Called in to do an interview when I arrived I had to fill out a form or an "Activity Log". It had a scenario of how I would log my daily activities on the job and whatI observed. After that I was called in for an interview.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to do an in-person interview at the branch office. I then went to the interview and was given a job offer as soon as it was done.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a wallet lying on the ground with cash sticking out of it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

they briefly ask simple expect questions like, what makes you interested in becoming a security officer. they ask you basic scenario questions where you basically give a personal answer on how you would react to a situation but they are looking for you to incorporate what you learn in your 8 and 16 hour classes so just remember the basics such as detect, deter, observe, report,.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you successfully dealt with an angry member of the public not with physical force, but with only your words.   Answer Question
    • If you found out a fellow security guard was accessing information he shouldn't be, but in your opinion it was important information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple they ask you why you want to be a guard. Really easy they will hire you on spot. As long as you're clean-cut and can follow simple directions your good. They hire every day and they always need more guards.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is not necessarily an interview...Basically you go into the building to fill out your paper work, then in a week or so you come back and participate in a class where you are quizzed and have to take a test covering security information, that, technically is your interview..because if you fail <70% you are denied employment until you re-take the test and pass

Interview Questions

• You are patrolling a store when someone steals something and runs out the door with the items into a thick wooded area, do you chase after them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Securitas had a unified hiring process for engineering. Candidates interviewed for Engineering, not for any particular team. Engineers in the interviewing pool were randomly assigned to candidates -- both for phone screens and on-sites. This approach was designed to establish a consistent hiring bar and optimize allocation of resources, but I found that it made interviewing somewhat impersonal and demotivated interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application online, received a call the next day. The interview is very easy. If you're nervous, don't be. It's not about the interview, it's about you passing a background check, testing negative on a drug test and the ability to get a guard card. While I waited to interview, they had me fill out an incident report.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in working in security?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Torrance, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying i receiver a call about 2 days letter to set up my interview. Once i got in for the interview they had me fill out paperwork for the hiring process. Then i got my drug test the same day and was hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for securitas ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Securitas Security Services USA (Maryland Heights, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

She basically ascertained that I could compose complete sentances (or so I would have assumed, although it appears many others incapable of such were sent to orientation as well). She then told me what position was available.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with your minimum required salary?   1 Answer