Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg

Sort:

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter, talked about past experience, strengths and weakness that I learned from prior jobs. Pretty easy no, "tell me about yourself question." Just wanted to know about past experience and If I would go to peoples house to collect money.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the tools that helped you succeed in your last job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in May 2011.

Interview

Long time till you hearback, position being hired for not clear, no really hard questions or tests other than personality test after you're hired. Not always interviewed in the same office you go to work in so you don't meet the actual people you'll be working with.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in June 2014.

Interview

I was called by corporate because they were interested in hiring me. I interviewed in my hometown, and was supposed to get a call back. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Interview Questions

• Future goals, ideas for success, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in November 2013.

Interview

O.K. I applied for this job in late September and they got back to me in November!! O.K. I am a dedicated Glassdoor fan and I couldn't find hardly any detailed interviews about this and of course...I had an interview at this job! I will be as detailed as possible so that you will be prepared! So, I received a phone call on a Wednesday from the HR supervisor. He basically went over my entire resume and asked for each job "describe your duties at this particular job." He told me what this company was and what they did here. He asked if I had any questions about the job. He emphasized that the company does do "fieldwork." I didnt know what this was, but in this type of fieldwork, you have to go to the clients homes if they are not paying their payments on their loan. I agreed to the terms.The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and he asked me to come in for a interview on Friday. The interview was very laid back. I was in a room with just the 1 HR supervisor that I spoke to. He asked me about 20 questions. It was not hard questions at all...trust me ive been on a number of interviews, plus I hate them!!! He asked me the same questions as over the phone. (describe your duties) (customer service questions) there was maybe 2 STAR questions but it was easy breezy!! He then told me that it might be awhile before they can get back with me, and if I had any questions or anything to contact them. He also had the manager to talk to me and to describe to me a typical day at the workplace.( Also in this job there is a training that last for a week and its out of my city. Im not sure about other cities. But they pay for everything. Food, gas, hotel so you will not loose any money. But if you have children you may have to make arrangements. Because I had to) Anyways back to interview... So I thought...(I didn't get it ugh) But they called me Thursday of the following week and asked me if I had any questions about the job and if I was still able to do the "field work" and everything and I agreed!
    ***TIPS ON INTERVIEWS*** your interview starts right when you walk through the door whether you know it or not!
    ALWAYS back your answers up with evidence. Don't list a bunch of words when they ask to describe yourself. Say I am strongly devoted at the customer service, because...
    .List the skills and rewards to back up your statements!!
    GOOD LUCK! HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      When did you make a change in the workplace that better the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is a little over $10.00 but that's if you have experience. I didn't negotiate because Ive been looking for a job for 2 years that's better than part-time and min wage so I didn't care what it was! Oh and they have GREAT benefits!

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg (Madison, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

My first impression of SFC was a positive one. The interviewer and I seemed to click, and he called the next day to extend a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. As a matter of fact, this was probably the easiest interview I have ever been a part of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate since the interviewer offered me a little more than he initially told me was the starting wage.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg (Clayton, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

Filled out paper application and submitted to local office the same day. Received call back 3 days later. Went in for face to face interview, and was called back 2 business days later, for another face to face interview. Called back another 2 business days later with an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I had to "sell a pen" to the interviewer, which corresponded with selling money to customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it deal.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg.

Interview

It was fairly simple. I had done collections before so i knew the requirements and what would be expected. The manager was not very experienced at security finance but they had other experience. Made me feel like i knew what i was getting myself into.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg in March 2010.

Interview

Its pretty simple, you fill out the application, you wait or call them within a couple days, if they are interested, you will get a hired. the interview process is fairly simple by asking you basic questions of why you want to work at this company and your salary requirements, etc... Everyone Starts as an Assistant Manager so you will carry a management title but you are not really "managing" to the expectations of what the title stands for. As you continue to show good work, you can be assured you will have a REAL opportunity to become a Branch Manager where you WILL get big time benefits and profits while working. You will then have the chance to actual manage your own employees and the profit bonuses are worthy.

Do not go into this business with a big head because it will back fire and then upper level management will begin to start throwing their titles at you ad it can turn for the bad BUT you do have rights as well. Keep in mind, they hired you, they can fire you too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg (Spartanburg, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

It seemed like the interviewer was acting as if I wasn't doing good enough during the interview. She asked if I had any other interviews, I told her no. She sighs and asked me why I didn't. I just told her honestly that I applied at other jobs but hadn't had a scheduled interview at that time. I also didn't want to lie about that, because I really wanted to work with this company. She asked regular questions, the interview was honestly pretty easy. They just ask about experience and why you would want to work with them. When the interview was finished she gave me her card with her number and said to give her a call if I had any other questions.

She also told me that she would be giving me a call the next day. She texted me! Of all things she texts me and tells me that I would be having a second phone interview. The guy called me and asked me to tell him about my experience and why I want to work there. He told me then that they would call back by the end of the day to let me know. So as the day went on, I decided to give him a call back and he said on 'she' should be calling people back, she didn't call you? I said no, he said that she would call then follow up with me. I didn't hear back from him. So the next day I called the lady I originally interviewed with and she didn't answer, so I left her a voice mail. I still haven't heard back but it is the weekend. I guess I will just wait and see if I get a call back on Monday.

Maybe I annoyed them by calling the guy back once, then the lady once. But she was pretty persistent on me going in for an interview, so I feel as if my 2 calls vs their 3-4 over 2 days isn't as bad. The only thing that irritates me the most is that they literally drag it out. If someone never had a chance, then why drag it out, why make it more complicated. I am desperate yet I feel like either I am pushing to hard, or doing something wrong. I seriously just want this company to be blunt if I am obviously doing something wrong. Then again, maybe someone else was more qualified. But if that were the case then why would they have a second interview, and say they would follow up?

Interview Questions

• Why us?
      What is your experience?
      Give me an example of...
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Finance Corporation of Spartanburg (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

They give you a call asking you to come in for an interview. When you come in for the interview, you will be interviewed by the Area and Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• Do you have relevant experience for the job posting   1 Answer