Security Service Federal Credit Union Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Service Federal Credit Union Software Developer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Security Service Federal Credit Union (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Contacted a staffing agency looking for a Junior Software Developer position. The recruiter told me about a position available at SSFCU and scheduled an interview for me that same week. The interview took place at the staffing agency. It was two 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with the VP of Development. The manager asked mostly big picture questions about my experience. The VP asked technical questions related to bullet points on my resume, to gauge whether I really knew the stuff I had listed.

I thought the interview went very well, but I received a rejection email from the recruiter a week later. He gave me a very generic reason for why they chose another candidate, but he also asked that I remove my tongue piercing for future interviews. I got the impression that SSFCU values a candidate's appearance more than their knowledge.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't receive an offer. If my tongue ring was a deal breaker, I can't even imagine their reaction to my visible tattoos.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you felt strongly about a tool or technology you wanted to work with but your supervisor disagreed with it and wanted to use something else instead?   Answer Question