Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call late Friday afternoon letting me know that they received my resume and if I wanted to be scheduled for an interview on Monday morning. I came in on Monday and waited for about 5 minutes before they called me in. Two people interviewed me and they were very pleasant and relaxed. They asked me a ton of questions about my past experiences and a mix of behavioral and straight forward interview questions, some which caught me off-guard. I was told they would conduct a background check and if chosen, they'd let me know either way. Next, I received an email asking me for more information, ex.) detailed information about past employers and permission signature for background check. They also sent me a personality test/ math test. I did not receive test results, although I requested I do on the application where it asks. On Sunday I received an email notification letting me know the position had been filled. I was surprised it came on a Sunday, needless to say I was very disappointed in the outcome.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hunt Valley, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online (or perhaps it was just a resume submission) and received an email about scheduling a phone interview about a week or so later. Was then asked to come in for an in person interview which we scheduled for a few days later. There were 2 people who conducted the interview. They spent some time telling me about the importance of the position I was being interviewed for. We discussed some of my previous experience (which has nothing to do with insurance). Asking about my previous experience was the only question really asked. We chatted for about 15-20 minutes and the interview was over. I actually didn't think I did well because the interview was so short and because they didn't really ask me a lot of questions.

A couple of days after the in person interview, I receive a voicemail from someone in their Texas office asking my to do the application. I was a little confused because I thought I had already done one online (but it is possible that it was just a resume submission and this was the formal application). Also, since I didn't think the interview went well, I couldn't imagine why they wanted me to fill out anything. After doing the online application, I was asked to do a personality type assessment. This took me maybe a half hour to complete. About a day or so after that, I received a call from another person from their Texas office making me an offer.

I gave the "interview difficulty" question an easy. The interview itself wasn't hard, but I certainly didn't leave with the feeling that I had excelled, and for that reason, could have given it a more difficult rating.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was about my previous experience.   1 Answer

Claims Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call to come in for an interview. I interviewed with a supervisor in the office and one on the phone at the same time. Did the online IQ test, etc. I got an email to complete for a back ground check three days later. I was told they would make a decision in 10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Richardson, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within 24 hours to set up an interview. Interviewed with 3 people. Within 2 weeks I received notice that my background checks were being conducted. Received an offer today - 3 weeks from initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was set but was able to negotiate start time

Claims Assistant Interview

Interview

Did a phone interview and with one week had a call back to come in for in person interview. A week after in person interview they offered me the position. Quick process.

Interview Questions

• "describe a project that you worked on from start to finish, and how did team work play to the completion of the project?"   Answer Question

Pay was not high enough

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in as a temp. Say all positive things with a can-do attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Boise, ID).

Interview

I interviewed by phone, the interviewer was professional and courteous. The job is a mix of data entry, on the phone work and basic office 'stuff'. I came from another company and easily transferred my skills to be what they needed for this position. All in all, the interview was easy and general.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions.. I was basically a show-in for the position, and we both knew it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they have specified bands of pay, and they are pretty static.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Lake Mary, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day, however I missed the call and attempted to reach the recruiter at least three time that week leaving messages. She did finally call me at the end of the week ans set up and interview for that following Monday. She sent me a link to take a couple of quizzes, which you can google the answer for some of them. I interviewed with both supervisors who were hiriing. They asked very basic interview questions. I sent a thank you email to the person I interviewed with. After a week I sent one to the recruiter to find out the status, a waited another week and heard nothing. So that third week I emailed the person I actually sat down with to find out the status and to advise why again I thought I would be a great candidate. That same week on Friday I got a call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call telling you the salary and benefits. I didn't even try to negotiate because I already was ready to leave my current job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online. A few weeks later, I got an email from a recruiter, saying my resume had been reviewed, and I needed to take a few online tests. I took a personality test and an IQ test, that was more interesting than difficult. Allow some time to complete both of these. I then got a call from a HR recruiter to schedule an interview. I interviewed witha hiring manager who asked the basic questions. I thought it went well, but didn't recieve an offer.

Claims Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I went to 2 interviews and they were more behavioral questions. They also make you take a test before going to the interview. My first interview was with the department team lead and the second one was with the claims manager. I went through the background checks and thought I had the job. They ended up hiring someone else because the background check came back quicker.. I was told they would love to hire me, etc...

Interview Questions

• Do you want just a 9 to 5 job?   1 Answer