Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Examiner Interview Questions

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Two interviews and a 3 months wait after I collected and submitted every scrap of professional and educational evidence from my past. I had almost forgotten about the application and interviews by the time they got around to offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very beneficial and straight forward. They were very accommodating to my busy schedule, as I was still working for another company. They gave me the tools to be prepared for my interview and I felt very comfortable when I spoke with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Panel Interview with all the normal interview questions. Had three people interviewing me, each taking a different question and writing down responses. It seemed like normal interview and I was able to answer each question with confidence. They then did a background check and made an offer. You should always negotiate the salary though as they are able to go higher than their first offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I can't recall if I did a phone interview. If so, it must have been pretty simple as I can't remember! The actual in person interview was very laid back. I arrived at the office and was met by a manager at the front who brought me back to a conference room for the interview. I interviewed with two managers who read questions back and forth and took notes. My experience was really one of my big selling points as well as my leadership experience (as told by the managers after I was offered the job).

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions and questions regarding my experience in the field   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Dubuque, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

more personality questions, they asked several senerios and how you would handle them. It is focused on customer service and what your reactions would be to certain situations, It was not typical interview questions, more personality review. It was pretty easy, but don't study the usual interview questions, have examples on how you have handled things in the past.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is upset   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a Friday afternoon and was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I went to the company location for an interview in front of two Team Leads who had openings as well as the Claim Manager. They were all very friendly and I was contacted within 1 week to set up a telephonic interview with their client that they were interested in me handling. The client interview was just a few questions and lasted no more than 10 minutes. I received an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of claims you have handled with successful outcomes?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of claims you've handled with poor outcomes and explain what you could have done different?   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

You will first be contacted by the recruitment team and then will be sent to a specific location. Beware- the company will not allow you to change accounts for a minimum of one year, even then it has to be a promotion and may be blocked by management at your location. Where you start is where you are likely to remain for the remainder of your career with them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to go into claims management? (seriously, who choses this field?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate more than the hours and they have flex scheduling for salaried workers anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2013.

Interview

They trick you by saying good things, 7.5 hour work week, few claims, not micro managed, and when they suck you in, it is hard to get out because you get used to the PTO.

Interview Questions

• What piece of office furniture are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Oakland, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

There are a series of interviews and also a writing test. First, a third party recruitment company calls for a phone screen. If you qualify, you go in for an in-person interview at the office. It is a pretty standard interview. They ask you about yourself, what you know about the company, etc. If they like you in the interview, they have do 2 writing samples in the conference room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter set up face to face interview with hiring manager. Interview was fairly easy and relaxed. Questions were based off experience, a few behavioral questions, for example, "tell me about a time you went over and beyond the call of duty", strengths, weaknesses, etc. Personality test was also required tone considered for position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you had to meet a deadline and what you did to meet that deadline   Answer Question