Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Client Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews required, but just like your typical job interviews. Interviewed with multiple people also and different locations (this may not always be the case). There is an extensive background check that takes up some time.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how to handle angry customers, how to work as a team player, items I've been involved in with previous jobs to help improve the company. Questions related to my prior experience as well as why I would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

1.Phone Call Interview-Basic STAR and screening questions. I would advise preparing for it.
    2.Online Test with personality inventory-The test can be difficult, but it's manageable. As far as the personality inventory, just don't come off as a loon and you're solid.
    3. In person interview-See below
    4. Job Offer-They make an offer for a job and salary. If you have no experience and nothing to your name, just take it.
    5. Start of IAP Claims College-They'll guide you through this part.

Interview Questions

• Google STAR questions and you should be cool.   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call after a couple of days for an interview in person. I got to the location in Orange and was supposed to interview with a couple of manager. One of the Manager arrived on time and escorted me in the meeting room. The other Manager was nowhere to be found so another person sat in. They asked me basic questions. Tell me about yourself stuff. 15 minutes in the interview the other Manager showed up and now there's 3 Interviewers. They asked several STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Also asked what are my hobbies?
      What my favorite subject in school?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online after being referred by an employee. TWO months later, I receive a rejection letter saying that I would not be considered for the position (after reviewing my qualifications and experience). I think this is absurd being that I have experience in Workers' Comp, yet they hired people who don't have a degree and no experience; they even stated it was mandatory that you have a degree. Terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hilliard, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied via Monster on Thursday. Had the initial phone interview on Friday and was emailed the links for the skills test which included a 3 minute typing test, spelling, math, grammar multiple choice.

Second phone interview on Monday and in person interview on Tuesday. The phone interviews were very pleasant as was the in person.

Given a mini paper application to list last 3 employers and why you left along with who to contact.

However, the "reception" area was an office with one chair and a phone where you had to call an extension to let them know you were there. I was in a call que for 10 minutes before I got someone who advised that a supervisor would be told I was there.

Was ill so wasn't up to par and knew I wouldn't get an offer but had pretty much decided after the "reception" area and waiting in que that I wasn't interested as any company that has customers holding that long is understaffed.

Interview Questions

• What would your former supervisor have to say about you   Answer Question
    • We all have areas where we need to improve, what would you say yours is?   Answer Question
    • Tell me anything about yourself, work wise or personal that you want to share   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Several team leaders and the Director of Claims asks situational questions. Interview was pretty easy. It was a little intimidating to walk into a small meeting room and having 6 people staring at you. Everyone asked at least one question.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

They like to see good qualifications like a good college degree and considerable work experience. Education goes a long way with big companies. Interview process was like any other and they do ask you a lot of questions you will have to think about so be ready.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to juggle multiple tasks and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a tiny bit. Good experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted for the first interview and they went into depth about my job history. I had 2 more interivewes with hiring managers. After the interviews they did an extensive back ground check.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical . Study the STAR method and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was take it or leave it. I took it becasue the benefits were Awesome and there is room for growth.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted initially via external recruiting firm; As mentioned the call was unscheduled and at an odd hour of the night. It was also prolonged to the point where I felt I was being screened for other factors related to my environment. This is understandable but the approach is questionable. Also 1 1/2 hour unscheduled pre-screen is unreasonable especially at 8 pm in the evening...

Interview Questions

• Well the preliminary phone screening with recruitment firm was unplanned and extensive. It was also made at an odd hour of the night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was informed that the terms were non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

phone interview, then fact to face. interview process was pretty easy. They will do a background check though. I applied internally when I saw there was an opening. Easy to get promoted from within.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in July 2017.

Interview

Was called in for multiple interviews, underwent a complete background check and drug screening, given a start date just to be emailed that the position has been filled by someone else. I've attempted to contact the recruiter, however to return call or email to say what happened. I've done all asked of me because I really wanted to be a part of this company since I'd heard so many good things about this company throughout my insurance career.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• name a difficult situation or customer you had to deal with and how did you change the situation   Answer Question
    • name a time you had a situation where you and your supervisor didn't agree   Answer Question