Sedgwick Claims Management Services Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

2.7

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Applied online. Got a initial call to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was 15 minutes and was very basic. Do you like to do the same thing all day or switch it up? What to do you do if you don't know the answer to a question?
Then they call and schedule you for a face to face interview at the location for which you applied. The Head Supervisor of the location and the Team Lead are the interviewers. They ask the same questions as on the phone interview but are looking for more detail. It was thirty minutes long. I got call with a job offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions regarding being an adjuster when I had not prior adjusting experience...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Anonymous Employee in Sun Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Sun Prairie, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

After completing the application form for this position and submitting my resume, I was contacted by a Segwick recruiter several days later to conduct a basic phone interview and to complete an online personality assessment. The phone questions were nothing too difficult (ie. "Describe your past education background & previous job duties", "What did you like most/least about those jobs", etc.) and the personality assessment was nothing more than a list of descriptors that you selected to best describe yourself and what you thought were ideal traits for someone for this job. Three days later, I was messaged with an invite to interview in-person for the Claims Professional Trainee (aka. Claims Examiner Trainee), where the one-on-one interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of additional questions, a more in-depth description of the job, and an opportunity to ask your own questions. After that (5 days later, to be exact), I got an email asking for some additional information on my job background, including job addresses, phone numbers, who to contact, etc. This was all for Sedgwick to complete their background check on you (which is a good sign, considering after the in-person interview, if they like you, you'll be getting this message). After that, cross your fingers and hope for the best - there's nothing more you can do right now. Fortunately, I was contacted a little more than a week after I had submitted my additional background information with a job offer from Sedgwick, where they took the opportunity to explain the pay and benefits for the position.

Interview Questions

• "What was your favorite aspect of your previous positions?" followed shortly by, "What was your least favorite aspect of previous positions?"   1 Answer
    • "How do you tend to handle stressful situations?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Considering the pay and benefits associated with this position were an extreme improvement over my previous job, I didn't find a real need to negotiate for better terms.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Aurora, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed and hired the same day. The interview was fairly short and to the point. It was mostly going over my job history and experiences. They are looking for someone who is decisive (you will need to be able to deny a claim) but provides good customer service. They are looking to make sure you are personable and can handle being yelled at by claimants or their attorneys.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me the same day and offered me my salary and I accepted over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Long Beach, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The whole hiring process took about a week & a half. I met the company recruiter at a school job fair, he informed me to apply online. A couple days later they scheduled an interview with me on tuesday . It was a 2 on 1 interview. The following monday i got the call from HR for an verbal acceptance.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions...how would you handle particular situations? how do you handle stress? Are you capable to meet deadlines and expectations etc.

if you ever worked in customer service and dealt with people on a constant, you should nail this interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

im not sure if it was negotiable or not. HR told me the salary and asked if i accept the offer in which i did.

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Calabasas, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

This was my first real job outside of college so I don't have much to compare it to. There was one casual phone interview and another in-person interview with two Operations Managers. With my limited experience they asked me the cliche series of questions every interview certainly has.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Claims Professional Trainee - IAP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I actually interviewed here twice (applied twice in about two months). After the initial interview by the hiring manager (who's actually the Director), you'll get a second interview (on the same day) from your direct boss. In the first interview, they ask you typical questions such as, "Why do you want to work here?" or "How do you handle work stress?" Lots of situational questions as well. Before I forget, prior to the interview they will have to take some tests online to assess your level of basic math, English, computer skills, etc. After the interview, you'll also take a written test. A short essay of sorts. I got a tour of the office and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you did something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question