Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

Leave of Absence Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I found out about the company through a job fair at my school. I applied to the Disability Representative position online the day before the job fair. At the job fair I spoke with the lady at their booth and she said she would flag my name on the application. This was on February 1st. February 3rd, I had a phone call from one of the supervisors and through that screening she scheduled my in person interview for 2 weeks later. During the phone screening, she encouraged me to apply for the LOA Coordinator position, stating that they only consider you for all of the positions that you applied for. I took her advice and did so.

In between the two weeks for my in person interview, I did the personality assessment and IQ testing. A week before the interview they requested consent for the background check and I did so. When I went in for my interview they were quick. I went to a conference room with about 5 other candidates and we were given a presentation about the positions and the company first. Then we were taken one by one to interview with 2 other supervisors. The interview questions were about scenarios to see how you act and handle certain situations. After the interview I sent my thank you letter, got a response, then awaited a response either via phone or email about whether I got the job or not and that is when it got weird.

A week or so went by and I heard nothing, so I decided to look online at my application and it said that I was not chosen for any of the positions that I applied for. I was like okay... weird, then kept applying elsewhere. Weeks later I received an email saying that they need more information for my background check. Keep in mind I thought I didn't get the job so I forgot all about them honestly. I then went back and logged onto their website and it appeared as I reapplied to the job the day before receiving that email. It seemed weird to me, so I emailed the lady that I interviewed with and she said that I was still being considered and it must have been an error. So I sent the information that their background check company needed and went about my day. They ended up needing various information from me over the course of 5 days. Not even a week later, I get a phone call from the lady that presented the information to us. She told me that my background check was almost finished and she extended a verbal offer to me. I let her explain the details before saying that I accepted. It was not the original job that I applied for, but I'm glad that the supervisor mentioned applying to more.. that was a hint right there. Overall, it was a nice experience (I graduate April, so this is all new to me), even though there was some confusion. I accepted the position and I start May 1st!

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online got a call within 2 days and scheduled an interview. Went to the location in research parkway. Found out I was interviewing with someone different than what my email started. The woman who interviewed me did not look happy at all. Answered all the questions promptly. We laughed one time. She asked me if I was available. I responded yes. Then got the email that they did not give me the offer.
    I just feel like if you have an attitude you shouldn't conduct an interview with someone. That is someone's time, money and future you are messing with.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Recruiter not on top of his job. He is not responsive. Doesn't take th he time to the the applicant to confirm the posesión of all the required documentation for the position. I waisted my time and he waisted the managers time. The hiring manager gave me a good feeling and feedback during the interview and surprisely I received a rejection email and received just because a follow up email was sent otherwise he will not bother to follow up. The office environment doesn't feel the best. Was a quiet place. The receptionist was relieved late to take lunch and didn't look happy about it. She didn't smile at all to any person that arrived to the lobby. I have the impression that everybody is overwhelm. After my observations, I was not sure that was the best place for me to work.

Client Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews required, but just like your typical job interviews. Interviewed with multiple people also and different locations (this may not always be the case). There is an extensive background check that takes up some time.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how to handle angry customers, how to work as a team player, items I've been involved in with previous jobs to help improve the company. Questions related to my prior experience as well as why I would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Received a call late Friday evening just as the other poster... Received my resume, and wanted to schedule an interview asap.

I applied for Claim Representative, & told I was a better fit for the Claims Examiner position. Interviewed with 2 individuals... Tested... spent a total of 4 hours at the location and really felt like I was a part of the team & walked out thinking I had found my new home. Disillusioned by the glitz & glamour. No offer!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call late Friday afternoon letting me know that they received my resume and if I wanted to be scheduled for an interview on Monday morning. I came in on Monday and waited for about 5 minutes before they called me in. Two people interviewed me and they were very pleasant and relaxed. They asked me a ton of questions about my past experiences and a mix of behavioral and straight forward interview questions, some which caught me off-guard. I was told they would conduct a background check and if chosen, they'd let me know either way. Next, I received an email asking me for more information, ex.) detailed information about past employers and permission signature for background check. They also sent me a personality test/ math test. I did not receive test results, although I requested I do on the application where it asks. On Sunday I received an email notification letting me know the position had been filled. I was surprised it came on a Sunday, needless to say I was very disappointed in the outcome.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a couple of different positions. Around 2 1/2 weeks later I received a call from a recruiter with information regarding salary, possible start date, etc. and to set up an in office interview. 6 days later I went for my interview. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. About a week later I received an email asking for permission to do a background check. The Thanksgiving holiday was that week so the background check took a few more days than it should have. About a week after the background check I received a call with the offer. 2 days later I received the actual offer letter with benefit information. Pretty easy process. The holidays just delayed it a tad.

Disability Representative Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Irving, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application through company website, received invite to complete online assessment, contacted for any interview with Absence Manager Team Lead within a couple of weeks, and presented with an offer within a couple of days post-interview.

Interview Questions

• Daily routine in managing case load?   1 Answer

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hunt Valley, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online (or perhaps it was just a resume submission) and received an email about scheduling a phone interview about a week or so later. Was then asked to come in for an in person interview which we scheduled for a few days later. There were 2 people who conducted the interview. They spent some time telling me about the importance of the position I was being interviewed for. We discussed some of my previous experience (which has nothing to do with insurance). Asking about my previous experience was the only question really asked. We chatted for about 15-20 minutes and the interview was over. I actually didn't think I did well because the interview was so short and because they didn't really ask me a lot of questions.

A couple of days after the in person interview, I receive a voicemail from someone in their Texas office asking my to do the application. I was a little confused because I thought I had already done one online (but it is possible that it was just a resume submission and this was the formal application). Also, since I didn't think the interview went well, I couldn't imagine why they wanted me to fill out anything. After doing the online application, I was asked to do a personality type assessment. This took me maybe a half hour to complete. About a day or so after that, I received a call from another person from their Texas office making me an offer.

I gave the "interview difficulty" question an easy. The interview itself wasn't hard, but I certainly didn't leave with the feeling that I had excelled, and for that reason, could have given it a more difficult rating.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was about my previous experience.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in September 2016.

Interview

I recieved an email for a ohone intervie2 for an hour. The next day the manager called me and had a chat for an hour. First he explained about company, job and then he asked me to explain about your role in last job

Interview Questions

• he asked me to wxplain abiut my previous job   Answer Question
    • gave me scenerios of situation and the new projects he ia oooking forward to   1 Answer

See What Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Claims Representative - WC

Pros: “- Fantastic team leads. Most of the team leads really care about the individuals on their team and are usually more than willing to answer any questions and provide advice on individual...”“- Fantastic team leads. Most of the team leads really care about the individuals on their team and are usually more than willing to answer any questions and provide advice on individual claims. - PTO. Over 20 days of PTO, with the potential to earn more the longer you stay with the company (You may find it difficult to take PTO, however) - Generally relaxed work environment. The work itself is not relaxing at all, but I do not find myself constantly pestered or micromanaged while at the office. We are are to wear "Business Casual" but this is fairly lax within reason. People have been called out when they've crossed the line. - Ability to work your way up. The company takes initiative in getting you licensing if you have interest in becoming a claims examiner. Opportunity for promotions up through examiner levels (Claims Associate, Claims Representative, Claims Examiner). Highest level examiners can be promoted to team lead. Not certain what opportunities may be available beyond that.” – Full Review