Sedgwick Claims Management Services Leave of Absence Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sedgwick Claims Management Services

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (New Albany, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Was quite painless. Plus, the Supervisor who interviewed me was just like me, so it definitely worked out. If you can present yourself in a professional manner, while still being able to appropriately infuse some humor into the interview process, chances are you're good.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake and it affected the customer, and what you did to make up for it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sedgwick Claims Management Services

Leave of Absence Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services.

Interview

Very basic interview as it was one on one and the questions were behavioral based and training was encouraged. The interview lasted less than 30 minutes and it was easily flowed and job expectations were explained

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Hilliard, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

The Manager and Team Lead interviewed me at the same time. They asked pretty standard questions, from what I remember, asked about my resume and experience, and gave a brief description of the position and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes the calls are made to lonely people on disability who want to talk on the phone for a long time, and since one call lasting 20 minutes can really throw off your day... How would you handle this situation, if you're trying to complete the call, and they just won't stop talking to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (New Albany, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied online, as I was referred by a friend of mine who works for Sedgwick. It didn't take very long to hear back from Sedgwick, as I was able to get an interview that same week. The Supervisor who interviewed me was high spirited and very pleasant. After I got home, I immediately typed up a Thank You letter and emailed it to my Interviewer. Keep in mind, everyone, something as simple as typing up a Thank You letter after an interview can actually be the determining factor as to whether they consider you after the interview. Same concept applies to a Cover Letter (make it relevant to the position you want, along with your resume). Also, always make sure to have questions for the Interviewer, such as:

What is your biggest issue this department/company is currently facing, and how can I help to resolve this as a(n) [insert potential job title here]?

Now that you know more about my work experience and skills, do you have any issues with my current history and experience?

What's the next step after the interview process? (This is where you ask for the job. Be confident, but not cocky!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an extremely difficult customer, and how you used your strengths and knowledge to overcome the obstacles of that call   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Dubuque, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

Process includes applying online (including submitting résumé), phone interview, and an in person panel interview. Process was rather lengthy - submitted my application, and after the whole process, was offered the position 35 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation with a customer. How did you respond to the situation, and did the customer leave satisfied?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked to negotiate salary due to prior experience; no negation.

Leave of Absence Coordinator Interview

Interview

Panel interview. Very laid back. Offered 2 weeks after.

The interview was precludes by a presentation that made the company seems very almighty, but why would they exemplify the cons of the company. They were basically selling us on accepting the jobs because they were desperate.

The interviewers were contracted and found out later once I began working there that the interviewees who did the hiring we're accepting anyone off the street and hiring a LOT of lazy, drama filled individuals.

Interview Questions

• Situational based interview. Very laid back   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Southfield, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I found out about the company through a job fair at my school. I applied to the Disability Representative position online the day before the job fair. At the job fair I spoke with the lady at their booth and she said she would flag my name on the application. This was on February 1st. February 3rd, I had a phone call from one of the supervisors and through that screening she scheduled my in person interview for 2 weeks later. During the phone screening, she encouraged me to apply for the LOA Coordinator position, stating that they only consider you for all of the positions that you applied for. I took her advice and did so.

In between the two weeks for my in person interview, I did the personality assessment and IQ testing. A week before the interview they requested consent for the background check and I did so. When I went in for my interview they were quick. I went to a conference room with about 5 other candidates and we were given a presentation about the positions and the company first. Then we were taken one by one to interview with 2 other supervisors. The interview questions were about scenarios to see how you act and handle certain situations. After the interview I sent my thank you letter, got a response, then awaited a response either via phone or email about whether I got the job or not and that is when it got weird.

A week or so went by and I heard nothing, so I decided to look online at my application and it said that I was not chosen for any of the positions that I applied for. I was like okay... weird, then kept applying elsewhere. Weeks later I received an email saying that they need more information for my background check. Keep in mind I thought I didn't get the job so I forgot all about them honestly. I then went back and logged onto their website and it appeared as I reapplied to the job the day before receiving that email. It seemed weird to me, so I emailed the lady that I interviewed with and she said that I was still being considered and it must have been an error. So I sent the information that their background check company needed and went about my day. They ended up needing various information from me over the course of 5 days. Not even a week later, I get a phone call from the lady that presented the information to us. She told me that my background check was almost finished and she extended a verbal offer to me. I let her explain the details before saying that I accepted. It was not the original job that I applied for, but I'm glad that the supervisor mentioned applying to more.. that was a hint right there. Overall, it was a nice experience (I graduate April, so this is all new to me), even though there was some confusion. I accepted the position and I start May 1st!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Southfield, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Got a random call to set up an interview for this position I applied for two months prior. I was interviewed by two managers. It went well in my opinion. Was told they were looking to make a decision within the next few days. A month went by and no response, so I emailed the recruiter who set up the original interview. Told me I was still being considered for the position and would be contacted once they had any updates...that was two months ago....just very confused..application is still pending...

Leave of Absence Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services in October 2017.

Interview

It took a while to get a call back after the interview. The interview it self was normal and was laid back which matched the environment. One interviewer was laid back the other not so much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2019.

Interview

Contacted for an interview relatively quickly after application. Two people asking questions during interview and typing in answers as I spoke. I was told they would let me know as soon as possible whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of time that I was required to work as a team member and explain experience.   Answer Question