Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Sedgwick Claims Management Services Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

2.3

Aviation Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR Department. Set up a time to call and discuss my background and qualifications in an initial screening interview. It became apparent about 5 minutes into the call that I was not their ideal candidate, but the interviewer continued to ask the standard questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• How many total flight hours do you have and how many of these are in the last six months?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was not hard, I felt very comfortable and prepared with the questions. Recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. I interviewed with the Director and Manager of the team. The interview was recent. Sent a followup Thank you email. Still waiting on status of the interview

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving you current position?   1 Answer

Colleague Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

My resume was turned down by a talent acquisition representative only to be called back by the person who encouraged me to apply (the hiring manager). The same representative who mistakenly rejected me then set up an appointment for me to interview, but never called me to ask when I could meet. I got another call from the hiring manager the day I was scheduled and had to explain that I never even knew I was scheduled. It was a disaster and put a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

The odd miscommunication between the hiring manager and talent acquisition.

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position in April and forgot about it. Got a called back in May and was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was very laid back. It was almost like, we are going to hire you anyway since you're the only one who wants to be a programmer. It was two women and all we did was chat and they gave me a brain teaser to solve. A month later, they called me back about an offer for $15 an hour and 37.5 hours a week and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been programming and do you have experience with databases?   1 Answer

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. They were trying to see if I wanted to be a programmer. That's why I got the job because the others did not want to program. They asked me what technologies and languages I knew. They asked me where I was located? How is life at the University of Memphis?

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to be a programmer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat $15.00 an hour for 37.50 hours for the summer and 20 hours during the regular school year.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

lengthy with no consistency of questions from interviewer to interviewer. There was no standardized interview question process, it seemed each interviewer just spoke from the cuff. For example one interviewer didn't ask any questions but spent 40 minutes bragging about the company and how long he had been there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sedgwick?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I met with several members of the team in a group interview. The manager was present and each team member asked questions pertinent to the position and my background. The interview was great experience and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If a team member went out of town and you had to find out something related to their project, how would you find the information?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the following stages and spanned over 30 days:
    1.) Prescreening by Recruiter
    2.) Phone Interview
    3.) 1:1 with Dept. Mng
    4.) Group/Panel Interview with Dept Staff

The environment appeared to be very compartmentalize/isolated and the staff seemed very laid back or unenthused. However, the questions presented during the each interview were standard interview questions ( behavioral, functional, etc.). I would say during each stage, I was asked about 5 questions no more than 7.

Key Advice: Both the Recruiter and Hiring Manager indicated its not the experience, but how well the candidates personality fit with the team/staff they will be working with, a person can meet all the requirements and have endless experience in that area, but if the personality doesn't seem to gel with the staff then they will not be a good fit.

With that being said, if you have a charming personality and have a niche in relationship building, you will more than likely make through the interview process.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Claims Management Services (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Utterly painful. While I was interviewing, I felt the process was because they liked to ensure consensus in decisions. I later found out, that wasn't the case. In fact, the hiring manager wanted to pass but every other manager in the building wanted to hire. The hiring manager gave in to the pressure, then did everything possible to work against me. So, in hindsight, the interview process was so painful not because it might have been competitive, it was because the organization didn't really know what it was doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to screening test. The company reportedly places a high emphasis on the results of this test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not bad. Make certain you understand the demands of the work environment.