Seer Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seer Interactive

3.2

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Because I was relocating, my first interview was a phone conversation with a member of the recruiting team.

Then I had a great, hour-long phone call with an SEO Team Lead.

Following that, I had an hour-long video google hangout with an SEO Team Lead and two Senior SEO Account Managers.

Finally, I had another video hangout with the CEO, where I was encouraged to ask any and all questions.

Overall, the process was very accomodating to me interviewing from the Midwest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work experience that you felt most proud of?   Answer Question

Paid Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call on the next day which was exciting. What followed was 2 other calls with HR and a Team Lead respectively, both of which went very well. After that I had an in-person interview with three team leads which went great.

What happened after really irked me as I was told everyone loved me but there was no money in the budget to hire me at the moment and due to the sporadic agency nature of the paid search business there is no way of knowing when there would be money in the budget to bring me on. Apparently the company likes to keep qualified people of a wait list so when the money does come in they can onboard them quickly.

When I asked when there would be money in the budget the HR representative continuously dodged the question and I haven't heard from her for 3+ months.

I wish they would have just told me I was rejected rather than string me along for so long without a definite answer.

SEO Associate Interview

Interview

The company contacted me to set up an interview. A few days before the interview, an office assistant emailed me that it needed to be rescheduled - I did so. Then, the day of the interview, the same office assistant emailed me to say the CEO (that I was supposed to interview with) had to cancel the interview and would not be rescheduling. I think this says a lot in terms of how the company works, and the lack of professionalism. The office assistant informed me that she would be in touch in the future if they wanted to reschedule; I told her not to bother. I had gone out of my way to be available that day for an interview that they cancelled, last minute. Better to know now than later, I guess.

Interview Questions

• I never got the chance to answer any questions because they rudely cancelled my interview at the last minute.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seer Interactive in May 2019.

Interview

Applied when the position first opened and took 3 months with emails back and forth to get scheduled for an interview. The application is opened internationally and summer position starts in June, but they waited until mid May to get back to you and expect that if you get accepted, be ready to quickly move in the next 2 weeks. There should have been a timeline dedicated for local applications and those coming from out of town (especially out of country).
    The interview lasted 30 minutes which asked about my experience with digital marketing and to explain the process of the exercise that you had to complete during the application process. I want into details about my experience and what I hoped to learn. Didn't get accepted because I didn't "have enough experience" for an internship.

Interview Questions

• What was the process in creating your Value Proposition? (Based on the presentation you had to submit prior to the interview).   Answer Question

See What Seer Interactive Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current SEO Team Lead in Philadelphia, PA

Pros: “It’s frustrating to see 1-2 disgruntled old employees continue to take advantage of GlassDoor’s influence on what really goes on at SEER. I know this will bring more trolling reviews, but I...”“It’s frustrating to see 1-2 disgruntled old employees continue to take advantage of GlassDoor’s influence on what really goes on at SEER. I know this will bring more trolling reviews, but I had to add in my experience of SEER as it’s likely the most tenured non-director perspective available. Here’s some highlights & details: SEER has never turned down a vacation request from me over 6 years. I have never turned one down from my team of AMs & support. I have never questioned a sick day, trusting that if you’re sick, you’ll keep that at home & get better. You’re given a tremendous amount of responsibility. You’re able to work with fortune 500 companies, get your voice heard on the SEER blog, and directly see how you make an impact on clients. That’s the reason I came here to start, I knew almost down to the dollar how I mattered and that is still a great feeling. We have internal employee reviews and use a tool called TribeHR. This is the first year we’ve tried Tribe (tested a few systems and Work.com in the past) and it allows you to provide 360 reviews of employees, the president, Wil, and everyone who wants one. If you don’t want a review, we don’t force one. Pretty simple. I personally like to understand how I can work better with my teammates and get feedback on how to improve, so I elect to opt in. Do, Delegate, Delete. This is crucial as well as the ability to respect your own schedule. Coming from a more corporate environment prior to this job, I really didn’t have the luxury of saying no when asked to do something. I always had to say yes. At SEER, if you say yes to everything, you’re not respecting your time. Eventually, something will be dropped that should have been delegated or deleted (said no to). If you’re great at managing your own schedule and don’t feel a pressure to say yes to everything, a majority of the concerns listed in other reviews won’t exist for you. Work life balance – I left early on 3 Fridays this summer at 3pm to head down the shore. Looking back through time off requests, I approved all 12 summer Friday requests from my team so they could get an early start to their weekend. Someone on my team just got back from taking a full week off. She filled out our document that lets everyone know who is covering clients/deliverables, then no one needed to contact her while she was away because it was covered. I also took three days off recently. I let everyone know that I would not be responding to emails and had a plan in place for when I left. Nothing was dropped. No one was overworked. I felt little pressure to check emails (and actually had Wil chime in on a message saying to put me on BCC since I was out). Similar to the paragraph above, if you feel pressure that you’re letting someone down by not answering emails, vacations will be stressful. SEER has a vacation document that helps you actually take a vacation. It details what coworker covers a project or deliverable while you’re out. If coworkers are booked, we have hired contractors to take on non-essential work to alleviate heavy workloads. We did this just last week (9/8). Training employees – I’ll ping HR whenever we have a post up about how SEER invests in professional development. I have a budget to spend on my team for development. Whether that’s reading Getting to Yes with a teammate and comparing notes, sending two members to the PA Women’s Leadership Conference in October, or sending two different team members to the C3 Conductor conference in NYC, I’m trying my best to use that budget to grow individual employees on my team as well as SEER. Part of my own performance is measured in how I've helped my team grow professionally.” – Full Review