Seer Interactive SEO Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seer Interactive SEO Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Seer Interactive

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a good conversation with the recruiter and an in-person interview with three representatives from paid search, content strategy, and SEO. Everyone I dealt with was pleasant and professional.

Overall, seemed like a good group of people. Smart, focused interview. They asked intelligent questions that I stumbled over but ultimately I think will help me in my job search.

Felt a bit overdressed. The guy that opened the door for me looked like he had crawled out of an Urban Outfitters catalog, replete with cutoffs, hipster eyewear and a tank top.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in paid search? How would you explain paid search to our clients who use our other services?

Name a time when you contributed an idea to a project and explain how you managed to get buy off from everyone involved.

Explain your process for _______ in very detailed terms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Seer Interactive

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting my cover letter and resume online and connecting with a current SEER employee, a member of the HR team contacted me and set up a phone screen with one other member of HR. About a week later I was brought into the office for two panel interviews. The next day, I had a video call with the CEO, which was the last step of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to break down an aspect of my experience from beginning to end, and the thought process behind it. It wasn't a difficult question, but it required a good amount of critical thinking. The people at SEER who tend to do interviews are very good at interviewing without making you feel like you're being grilled, but you better believe they're paying attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer package is generous, there's not much to negotiate as they're up front with salary expectations from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

My interview process included two separate visits to the office. The first meeting was a more formal meeting where I got to understand the business and what they were looking for in an employee. This was where I was able to voice my expertise in writing and show SEER how I could positively contribute to the team. The second interview was far more hands-on as I was tasked to complete a mini-project and power points with another interviewee. It required us to work together under a time constraint and produce creative thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Why is SEER a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was when the company was still in the famed Search Church! I met with Wil (I doubt he has time for that anymore) and we had coffee nearby. After a few challenging questions, I was asked to present some digital marketing strategies for actual clients. Three team leads plus Wil were in attendance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present, using actual client analytics data.   1 Answer

Seer Interactive Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Employee Development

Hey there! Really appreciate your review + feedback. We're still doing a couple rounds of interviewing and presentations are a part of every round. Our intention is to understand the candidate, but... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was disorganized and mostly unprofessional. The interview was rescheduled a few times, which isn't a big deal, but the actual interview didn't go how I was told it would. Some of the people from the group I was supposed to meet didn't show or left early because they had a meeting. I should have left too.

Interview Questions

• Something about company culture and why I wanted to work at Seer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized scheduling from every Seer contact I was in touch with, I get it that they're busy but through each step they missed the phone call appointment at least twice, even the FINAL interview with the VP of SEO.

Despite their crappy scheduling skills every interview/convo I had with each team member was great. One reviewer was right in their stating that the interview feels more like a conversation than a real interview but you better bet they're paying close attention and do throw in some decent/difficult questions towards the end.

Your best bet is to be honest about your knowledge within digital mktg and express your passion/interest in the position and why you're best qualified...That got me to the final round but no offer.

Seems like a typical startup interview process where they're super promising, then ghost you. I even had the recruiter tell me I was a strong candidate going into the final phone call interview.

Tip to SEER--Ya'll seem cool, and have the right to brag in your interviews w/ candidates about how successful and "epic" you are, but yeah seriously even sending a rejection email using a freaking template is better than nothing at all. (I did send an email follow-up after the final interview, and no response)

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited resources with Digital Marketing, what would you do?   Answer Question

Seer Interactive Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of People Operations

Hey there! Thanks so much for your feedback; although I wish it was a better, more communicative process for you! I am glad to hear that you had such a positive interaction with the team though... More

SEO Associate Interview

Interview

The company contacted me to set up an interview. A few days before the interview, an office assistant emailed me that it needed to be rescheduled - I did so. Then, the day of the interview, the same office assistant emailed me to say the CEO (that I was supposed to interview with) had to cancel the interview and would not be rescheduling. I think this says a lot in terms of how the company works, and the lack of professionalism. The office assistant informed me that she would be in touch in the future if they wanted to reschedule; I told her not to bother. I had gone out of my way to be available that day for an interview that they cancelled, last minute. Better to know now than later, I guess.

Interview Questions

• I never got the chance to answer any questions because they rudely cancelled my interview at the last minute.   Answer Question