Seiler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seiler Interview Questions

Interviews at Seiler

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seiler.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Had a phone interview, and I did not get a phone call until the last minute. I emailed them to ask to make another appointment. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project or assignment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you’ll be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seiler (Redwood City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview and onsite face to face interview. No difficult interview questions in both phone and onsite interview and the process is not too long, less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• skills such as communication, detail orientation, etc. and past work experience   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seiler (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Screening phone interview with their HR Director. Very smooth interview. I was 110% honest about everything. No embellishing. And this resonated well with the HR Director. It felt very natural and easy. None of those threatening open ended questions drawn up by behavioral scientists. Very refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to make a career change?   2 Answers

Tax Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seiler (Redwood City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was on my college campus with the recruiter of the firm. Then I got offered to do onsite interviews, where I then had 3 back to back 30 minutes interviews with 3 people from the firm - one partner, one principal, and HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Tax Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seiler in November 2013.

Interview

I received a prescreen interview with a recruiter and he set up the interview. Interviewed by one partner and two senior managers. The partner is one that will interview you last and two senior managers before had. They all asked questions separately about 30 min to an hour each. Most of the questions were in my opinion personality fit questions, not too many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the type of work I did in my former firm and types of returns completed. They always ask why are leaving your current job.   1 Answer

Ap Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seiler (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was a phone conversation with a recruiter that lasted around 15-20min. He asked questions from my resume and of my previous experience. Then, I was invited to have four back-to-back 30min session interviews with five core individuals from their team. Each interviewee was very professional and asked great questions. They also had great responses to the questions I had prepared.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage being able to be interrupted often throughout the day?   Answer Question

Family Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seiler.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then a 2 hour in-person interview which included 2 interviews and a test. Now I need to go back for second round. So far, so good!

Family Office Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter. Ask me about my background and one behavior question. I was interrupted several times while I was speaking. The tone of the recruiter is very judging and arrogant. I asked one question but the recruiter seems not interested at all. I have interviewed a lot of companies but rarely see someone who is that rude.

Tax Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seiler (Redwood City, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Very easy interview. The only thing that they really care is if you can do overtime during their tax season. You will be interviewed by two current employees, and they will mainly let you introduce yourself and go over the resume,

Interview Questions

Seiler Response

Nov 4, 2019 – Marketing Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on your interview experience at Seiler. Our intention isn’t to make the interview process an “easy” one, but rather to engage in an active dialogue that will help us determine whether an applicant is likely to be a strong culture fit, make positive contributions in a variety of ways, and find their work to be both stimulating and fulfilling. We’re glad you chose to join the firm and encourage you to check in with HR to let us know how you are doing and what we can do to make your experience as rewarding as possible.